casting beginner

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

casting beginner

Postby southaussie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:52 am

i,m a fixed spool user and have been trying to improve my casting, i,m looking at buying a new rod for myself over christmas but didnt want to buy the wrong one, can anyone come to these casting events to learn or is it a competition type thing for people who chuck lead a couple of hundread yards, i fish east coast areas and would be hapy to fish with someone and even buy some bait for some help
cheers southaussie 8)
southaussie
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 21 times

Re: casting beginner

Postby cathald » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:06 am

I went along to a casting day with the ulster casting club and was made most welcome.
the guys took me and my nephew to another part of the field for a few helpful tips and then left me to practice and if I wanted to afterwards I could throw a cast down the measured court.
I'd say that the clubs around your way will do the same thing and welcome beginners to casting the same as the ulster club did to us.
I still haven't got back up to the ulster club but I do intend to as the guys were very helpful

Cathal
2011 species so far
coalfish,plaice,dab flounder,turbot,sea trout,thornback ray,pollock,ling,mackeral

One day.. Facebook, Youtube, Myspace and Friendster will come together as one. It will be called, FookYouMyFriend.
cathald
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 37 times

Postby paddyc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:58 pm

Well put Cathal...
Southaussie, its the very same down here, anyone is welcome to come down to one of our meets and get stuck in. Its E10 for daycasters (just to cover the insurance), all you need is your rod, reel and plenty of line, you can get leads on the day or bring your own.

Where abouts in Wicklow are you?? im prob not too far from you and would be more than happy to get you on the right track
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby southaussie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:46 pm

hey paddyc i live near Tinahely and fish anywhere between arklow and roslare i see from the posts it looks like the casting days end this weekend? are you a casting coach?
southaussie
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 21 times

Postby paddyc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:53 pm

Our finals are on this week and thats officially that for 2010, but im sure we will get out again before xmas a couple of times.

PM sent to you
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby hylo64 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Where could I get lessons in casting ??
hylo64

Return to Casting