i know its tough but there's still a few fish out there..

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:49 pm

close encounters at greystones south beach

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bG4MyU4NsHo

Re: i know its tough but there's still a few fish out there..

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:05 pm

super video was that a dolphin? my eyesite wouldent be the best 8)

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:40 am

that d**e does that all the time ,pulls line up the beach, lifeguard has to walk up the beach after him ,mad(:

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:22 am

Fished that beach plenty the last few years and never seen them closer than 500 metres.

was that a dolphin?

Amazing to see at such close range 8)

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Excelent Lee, great to see thigs like that, I remember seeing a basking shark in Cork 12 years ago I was within 10 foot of him, wont forget it for the rest of my days.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:35 pm

a rare sight sod, especially since the basking shark is a threatened species

one of the dolphins came clean out of the water but i missed the shot :( i hav'nt ever seen them so close to shore either, i wonder was it some type of mating activity, a load of males around a female maybe

they came right up to the swimmer, he got a bit of a fright i think and made for shore

happy birthday by the way :D

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks Lee, one of theses days youll come across a pack of tope in close chasing flounders, that would be amazing ive heard a few stories about it but id give a lot to witness it myself.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 pm

bigsod wrote:Thanks Lee, one of theses days youll come across a pack of tope in close chasing flounders, that would be amazing ive heard a few stories about it but id give a lot to witness it myself.

Yes I seen this last year on Courtown beach while fishing a competition with a half hour to the finish I went down to the water edge to cast and seen a fin flying bye about 10yrds out i said it to Dave Roe who was beside me and he confirmed that he had seen one also. We stayed on after the competition and tried some small flounders as bait but we had no luck. They must have done a sweep up and down the beach and disappeared. It's not something you want to see when you're fishing for flounders. :shock:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:28 am

nice one paul

if that ever happens close to me mate i only hope i have the camera in my hand :P