Casting Lessons

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Casting Lessons

Postby daven » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:30 pm

Anyone know if there is a casting instructer (i.e for pendulum) in the waterford area or close to it. Can only hit 70-80 yards and want to see what im doing wrong
daven

Postby Liamo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:55 am

Daven,

Here in Kerry we have a guy called Steve Gillett based between Killarney and Killorglin. Steve is excellent. I know that's a long trip but if you're interested I can get his no. for you. I don't have it on me but let me know if you're interested and I'll get it for you.

Liam
Liamo

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:31 am

Yah Steve is one of the original casting instructors he would be up there with the best he is well known in the sea angling circles as a good casting instructor I reccomended him to a few people.

Your better off getting lessons with someone like Steve as it makes all the difference when you learn to cast from a propper casting instructor who knows what he is doing and has the patience to help you improve your technique

I heard of one guy who was advertising in Limerick one time and one of my old fishing buddys met him on a pier one day and said I heard your advertising casting lessons and the guy said I am well can I see how far you can cast so the so called casting instructor wound up a cast and gave it all he could and half emptied the reel so my mate decided to try out the instructors rod and reel and emptied the spool while the lead didnt even hit the water yet just goes to show there are some chancers out there so your better off getting lessons from a decent instructor.

Postby bigcol » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:30 pm

Steve is an excellant instructor and I highly reccomend him.
col
bigcol
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby nthclare » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:28 pm

I also highly recommend him as he has great patience and is a qualified casting instructor who will do his best to put you on the right track to getting it right.
nthclare
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 7 times

Postby daven » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:45 pm

hey liamo id like his number if you can find it cheers
daven

Postby blowin » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:36 am

Me too please !
cheers
nick
blowin
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 29 times

Postby Liamo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:15 am

Lads,

Here are contact details for Steve. He comes highly recommended. Not sure exactly how much he charges but it's a nominal fee and Steve will invest the time with you, however much you need. Incidentally he also runs a lovely B&B on the River Laune in case you guys ever felt like a week being pulled around by big fishies down here in Kerry :-)

Steve & Sue Gillett
Anglers Lodge
Beaufort
Killarney
Co. Kerry

(064) 44559
Liamo

Postby Donagh » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:56 am

Steve spends about 21/2 to 3 hours at a lesson and charges very little. He knows alot of the big guys in angling and is full of stories. Leslie Montcrife (spelling?) the man who started distance casting on the English cod beachs thought him. He'e well worth a visit.

Donagh
Donagh
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 27 times

Return to Casting