Results 26/9/10 Sunday on slaughterhill

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:06 am

some vid of sportscastireland's latest monthly tour to the hill.. :arrow:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gT2_Wnzujf4

After just 3 rounds the wind swung and kept swinging all day, so we opted to abandon things and go for a bit of a mess about instead of trying to wang into the wind :( still and all SOD put down a very respectfull PB givin the conditions. Well done buddy, and as usuall thank you everyone who helped setting up and pack down the court.

Results in meters:

PaddyC- 175g/214..150g/209
SOD- 150g/196.60
DBrock- 150g/196
LeeG- 175g/NCR..150g/190..125g/194
Gearoid- 175g/175..150g/185
Kstaff-NCR
AG-NCR

I think it was 1/1 between AG and Gearoid on the OTG rounds, and staffo won the backcast round,,,, or did he put it up a tree.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: sunday on slaughterhill

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:52 pm

nice vid lee...nice to see you included the backcasts :lol:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Cool vid Lee, that belly dancing im doing is not good, need to get a longer top :oops: good fun at the hill, I was wreaked when I got home, small numbers of people mean a lot more walking

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:21 pm

bit o craic eh..

great to get out even though we were casting into the wind and doing ok numbers

a little stiff myself, definately twice the effort when the attendance is low

paddy's posting the results later i think

did you get a pb sod?
Last edited by scannerman on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:35 pm

I did Lee improved by two meters I think, pleased given the wind conditions. I bet the next time we are there the wind will be at our backs and ill be hitting them crap :roll:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Great vid lads :wink: whats the story with the backwards casting do people actually use that or is it just for show?

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:47 pm

A few lads use it here on the beach not many. Im told Eric from this site can do a backcast but ive never had the pleasure of seeing him do it. The back cast is very popular on the English south east coast i believe. Look up you tube vids of Kevin Southey to see one being realy nailed.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Tommy Fogarty from Raheny S.A.C has a pretty impressive back cast, A nice guy too.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:25 pm

an old timer friend of mine does a back cast with fixed spool when fishing and it's always straight down the middle 8) .
He keeps both hands up at the reel and sticks the but into his guts:shock:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Thats gas i find it hard enough to cast the conventional way let alone the back cast :PIl have to check them clips out cheers.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:32 pm

nice one sod

trojan, the back cast developed on the english east coast as sod mentioned above

winter cod anglers there needed a style of cast which would chuck heavy weights-typically 7 onces and heavier, combined with really big hefty baits-a long distance even in rough conditions

dave richardson holds the current record back cast of 258.86m [283 yards] on 150grm, cast recorded-may 010 uksf

its every bit capable of matching the pendulum and probably more

although my own first attempt on sunday managed about seventy meters :?

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:07 am

tommy fogartys brother and international angler noel also back casts with great success on the match scenewith distances that has to be seen to be believed

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Well done on the PB Sod. 8)

No results from the weekend?

Re: Results 26/9/10 Sunday on slaughterhill

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Story Austin,,, shamfull is not the word! It was a horrible day up there,
But fair play to SOD on the PB in what can only be described as desperate conditions :wink:

Results now added to top .

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Im chuffed with that, hopfully ill be hitting them that well next time the conditions are better and break the 200 meter barrier.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:51 pm

sod, if the wind was with us, you would definately have broken 200 easily

looking good dude.. :D