Allowing the lead to step out on the TT Sport

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Well finally got out of the office and was able to edit and upload some footage from Sunday mornings cast.

The first clip shows what not to do , in that I am coming into the turn to fast and bringing the lead inside the tip. Due to the fact that I have a bit of upper body strength I am able to drag the sinker through . This is not a good thing and will frustrate people as you think that the power is there but the distances are way down for the amount of input.

The second cast is much better with a longer time being taken during the turn allowing the lead to step out wider during the turn and then hitting the cast later. It still needs work in that I should be hitting out to 1.00 am and not across my sight . By loosening the grip and allowing the rod to pivot with a strong left will also add distance.

The soft sand also added problems as I pivoted on the balls of my feet during the turn transfering the weight from the rear to front foot as well.

Hope that this is clear in the video and look forward to comments or hints that will get things fully sorted.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_BUo-P7191s

Re: Allowing the lead to step out on the TT Sport

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 am

good strong well timed hit 8) might lack a bit of height :?: the lead not you jeramy :D

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:13 am

very impressive i dont see many lads casting it like that on the beach :wink:

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 am

looking good JPS :wink:

Trojan wrote:very impressive i dont see many lads casting it like that on the beach :wink:

you can on south beach Greystones most weekends 8)

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:06 am

The Joy of casting & fishing in Australia is that we have plenty of places where you could be the only person on the beach all day :D

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:24 pm

nice casting jp

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:00 pm

the only problem i can see is your cap is a bit crooked :lol: very sexy slow mo :lol: