Daiwa 7ht Turbo problem.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi lads, if anyone is brave enough to open up the right hand side plate of a 7ht turbo and post a picture of how the Anti reverse pawl is supposed to sit I would be very grateful.

Re: Daiwa 7ht Turbo problem.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:58 pm

:lol: i hate that :wink: if i had one i,d have a go ,denis or eric are good at that kinda thing :)

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:04 am

Arra lads come on, someone open up a 7HT for me..... :D

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi Pete,

this may help? or mail Daiwa

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schemati ... re_7HT.pdf

info@daiwasports.co.uk

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:09 pm

i will open up one tonight and try nd get some pics up asap for ya

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:11 pm

lads its a 7 ht TURBO he is haveing problems with not a 7ht mag ???????

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks Stephen. For the record, its not a schematic I need as I have all the bits, its more to see what way this thing is supposed to sit and well, to establish whether I do actually have all the bits too I suppose..... :D Cheers lads.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:17 pm

nobody said anything about a 7HT mag! I'm sure the Turbo's are the same as the originals anyway and I think I've got a side plate in the attic, I'll check tomorrow Pete.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:02 am

there where a few pics of a 7 ht mag up when i posted this but they have been removed now.!!!!i thought the turbo was an up grade to the old 7 ht ,with a shorter spindle and improved side plate set up?????

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:12 pm

hi petekd here ya go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:15 am

The reel is in good hands now.. I'll have it done as soon as i get home for ya.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks Scannerman appreciate it, I handed it over to one who knows more about the inner workings of Daiwas than I.... Be gentle with her Steve.....:-)

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 am

i was just about to some pics up there, apologies i took so long

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 am

No worries Stephen, it was the thought that counted.... :D

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:14 pm

reel fixed, a new memory plate put on (numbered ring, old one was well worn down) added 2 red brake blocks..

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:26 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:reel fixed, a new memory plate put on (numbered ring, old one was well worn down) added 2 red brake blocks..

whats a memory plate ?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Its like a black box when ever a plane hits the water nobody can ever find it

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:01 pm

round_ourway wrote:Its like a black box when ever a plane hits the water nobody can ever find it

its that what the anti reverse clip goes on ?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:15 pm

not sure... i'm not familar with the names of the parts tbh

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:33 pm

AG wrote:
stevecrow74 wrote:reel fixed, a new memory plate put on (numbered ring, old one was well worn down) added 2 red brake blocks..

whats a memory plate ?

on the end plate of the 7ht family there is a little thing that goes around the end cap, this has numbers on it and is called the memory plate, i.e. you set the end cap and cast if its too slow you set it again etc etc.. until you get it where you want it then you set the memory plate to 0 so you can adjust from there if you want a faster or slower cast..

and i'm only a tekkie.. thought ye into casting malarkey would know all this stuff :shock: