Daiwa 7ht Turbo problem.

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Re: Daiwa 7ht Turbo problem.

Postby AG » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:41 pm

must be loosing my memory :D never heard it called that before :!: and who on earth would have a spare one of those on this planet :shock:
AG
Need your account moneys for new Zziplex

Have thanks: 45 times

Postby round_ourway » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:48 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:
AG wrote:
stevecrow74 wrote:reel fixed, a new memory plate put on (numbered ring, old one was well worn down) added 2 red brake blocks..

whats a memory plate ?

on the end plate of the 7ht family there is a little thing that goes around the end cap, this has numbers on it and is called the memory plate, i.e. you set the end cap and cast if its too slow you set it again etc etc.. until you get it where you want it then you set the memory plate to 0 so you can adjust from there if you want a faster or slower cast..

and i'm only a tekkie.. thought ye into casting malarkey would know all this stuff :shock:

didnt know that what ya call that cheeky wee number thingy a memory plate.. I dont actually touch that to slow or speed it up i use different lubes..
Boca Bearings .com - Orange Seal

Practice the Impossible
round_ourway
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 24 times

Postby beachcaster » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:03 pm

stevecrow74 is absolutley right in what he says,and once set up you very rarely have to touch it again.its the same on the abu6500 has the same little plate.have to thank sean neill for that info a long time ago now.
beachcaster
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby stevecrow74 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm

AG wrote:must be loosing my memory :D never heard it called that before :!: and who on earth would have a spare one of those on this planet :shock:

err.. apparently me and i have another spare one left :wink: .
yeah thats what its called, i didnt give it the name, but if ya ever need to order one thats what it is.. :D
[url=http://galwaybuccaneerssac.com/]Galway Buccaneers SAC[/url]
[i][color=red]St Juniper once said; 'By his loins shall ye know him, and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.'[/i]
stevecrow74
Scomber Doorman

Have thanks: 58 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Previous

Return to Casting