high altitude casting

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 pm

am planning to climb lugnaquilla in may and do a pendulum cast from the summit, at just over 3000 feet it would consitute a height record aswell as distance one

its the only time i'll ever be able to beat andrew's record and for that matter danny's too so if anyone's interested let me know

Re: high altitude casting

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:53 am

Ill bring the rashers and sausages, and the butt of my TTR will also come in handy as a walking stick. Special medicine is advisable cos you dont want to get altitude sickness :mrgreen:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:05 am

lee has special medicine just look at him dancing :D

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm

as a brush :lol:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:52 pm

good man sod, we certainly won't climb very far without a good auld fry-up, the ttr butt might come in handy alright but i have trekking sticks to take the pressure off the legs on the ascent and decent

i don't suppose that medicine would be a flask of hard stuff eh

incidently i wonder how far andrew's crackoff's would travel from the top of lug?

the air is thinner so there is less resistance and also the wind can be mighty strong, then of course there is the height differential

casting north east from the summit andrew's 150grm should easily manage to get a touch down at slaughterhill roughly 25 miles or 40233.6 meters away :lol:

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:19 pm

I have to go to see this one :wink:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:55 am

we could try da sugarloaf as a preliminary tester paddy....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wLlnrCL5sUM