casting tuition

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:57 pm

hi guys .Need help with my casting distance on the beach.Just wondering is there anybody out there who offers tuition and good advice.willing to pay . :( :( :(

Re: casting tuition

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:49 pm

pop up to the next sportscast ireland meet, its up in killmurry in wicklow, beside newtown mt kennedy, 10 euro for day casters and lots of advice giving out

where are you situated

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks Dbrock.I;m based in east cork.would be very interested in going along to an event.Would you know of anyone down my way who gives tuition.

Thanks again

Ultegra

CLOYNE SEA ANGLING

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:50 pm

you should ask in the casting section, im sure someone down that way will get out with you for a few chucks,

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:07 am

Hi there,
based in the same neck of woods as yourself,if theres anyone down the cork way who would be willing to give a few lessons i too would be very interested.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Id be interested aswell

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 pm

the 3 of you guys should share the cost on the trip up to wicklow then at the end of this month for the casting meet

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:47 pm

how you doing dbrock;could you give me the dates for the next meet up there please :?:

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:49 pm

Its on this day week, the 21st

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:17 pm

fishing an RNLI comp with club that day.you might give me shout if you have any further info on upcoming meets.thanks for all your help.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:19 pm

paddyc wrote:Jan 31st
Feb 28th
March 21st
April 25th
May 30th - light line day
June 27th
July 25th
Aug 29th
Sept 26th
Oct 31st - Finals

Additional dates for the summer months will be announced once we have confirmation from the land owner.
We will also be continuing with our "club days" and will be able to work these in around the above dates.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:26 pm

How ya lads,I think there is a Sea Angler registered casting Instructor in Cork, an English guy but cannot remember his name, I'll try dig up his details and post up here.

Regards,

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 am

Thanks Kstaff

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:28 am

Hi lads im in the northwest,sligo is there anybody up here who would give lessons? Thanks

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:15 am

Think the nearest club to you would be http://www.ulstercastingclub.org/
a great bunch of lads that im sure will help you out.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks Paddy will check it out cheers

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi Paddyc i checked site thanks its along way from me, im a Dub originally would be easier for me when is your next meet in Wicklow? i have a friend in Dublin whod also be interested. Thanks

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:49 am

Hi Marlinazul

the next casting heat is sunday 25th april, i think its the last sunday of the month, that and the successive dates for all the casting heats of the year were posted by dbrock a few floors above on this thread

one or two of the dates are subject to change although paddy will post any such change a couple of weeks in advance, as far as i know the april date is ok

your very welcome to come down and get some tuition, if you have a friend or two to share the journey with ya-all the better, there'll be plenty of us around to get you sorted and give any help you need to improve your style,

everyone has come down has saw immediate returns with some big increases in distance always a certainty

there's a small fee for day casters of ten euro

but the craic is free

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:06 pm

thanks thats great scannerman

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:17 pm

well worth the trip lads the lads will help yous out any way they can 8) and its a sight to behold watchin sod butter bread with his fingers :lol: :lol: