Switch to full style
A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.
Topic locked

courtown saa casting day

Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:08 pm

any of the courtown lads interested. was talking to one of the lads from sport cast ireland. we are hoping to get this up and running around the end of august or start of sept. i will post dates when i here more.

Re: courtown saa casting day

Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:11 pm

highly recomend you guys do this a great day with great lads and you will put yards on your cast,

Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Sure i will give it a go, stick me down ronnie

Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:39 pm

you wont regret it the lads have such an easy way of teaching and they dont get frustrated if you **** up

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:21 am

ronnie wrote:any of the courtown lads interested. was talking to one of the lads from sport cast ireland. we are hoping to get this up and running around the end of august or start of sept. i will post dates when i here more.

thats great news lads we will sort a date for you all to come up no problems,
just to let other clubs know its €20 a head to cover costs of the venue but thats for a whole days casting with tuition great value for money 8)

Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:53 am

Thats great lads, looking forward to it..

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:44 pm

should be a good turnout for this one. alot of the lads are not on the site, as soon as the dates are sorted we will ring around and see who is going.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi ronnie put me down for the day out sounds like :lol: a good laugh.
will we need some crash helmets????????????????? ive seen how we cast in the club. :lol:

2009 species= whiting,flounder,dab,codling,cod,Bass,dogs,rockling,smooth hound,bullhuss, pollock,
ballen and cuckoo wrasse,corkwing wrasse,turbot,thornback ray ,coalfish,tope,conger,ling.coalie

Courtown s.a.c.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Well we are good to go for Sat/3rd Oct.
11am start and will run till approx 3/4pm, directions to the venue can be found on: http://www.pcquad.com/location.htm
see you all then.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:36 pm

Might try and make this one,knock the cobwebs off the bullet :wink:. oh and paddy if you could kindly leave all the carbon you are selling at home please and thanks.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:04 pm

sounds good to me.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Excellent, should be a fun day

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:15 am

this is back on for sat 24th of october

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:22 am

is it nxt sat will go

Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:06 pm

afraid im out then :(

im in wicklow fishing with the u21s that day

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:25 am

Looks like its going to be a wet one this sat so wellies and rain gear will be needed, also its "Hi-viz shock leaders only" it makes things alot easier finding the crack off's..
Whats the final count coming up??

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:37 pm

as long as we are casting with the wind :D

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:29 pm

thanks to all at the courtown club for a very enjoyable day , great craic and some very good casters by the way , 8) biggest jump in distance went to stephen dodd a jump of 43 meters oevr the day well done 8)

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:14 pm

excellent day ill put up some photos and vids over next few days

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:48 pm

Cant wait for the vids :shock: thanks to SCI for good day i reall enjoyed it, and well done to stephen on his improvement.
Topic locked