Switch to full style
A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.
Topic locked

Fairyhouse Meet Sunday May 31st

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:50 pm

First off a HUGE note of thanks to all the guys from Ulster Casting Club (www.ulstercastingclub.org) who made the effort and long trip down to Fairyhouse on Sunday, it was much appreciated and great to cast with ye all! Many thanks indeed.

The day started with the 125g leads and we worked our way down to the funny leads @ 50g!! :D

Top caster on the day was Marty Harrison with a 4 lead average of 879 yards! top chucking Marty on a very hot day which didn't suit the lighter leads at all! As we all found out!! :D Nonetheless a great day by all accounts, good company with some new faces to Fairyhouse which were most welcome.

Honours List!
1. Marty H 879
2. Josie ( super casting with an egg beater putting us Multi brigade to shame :oops: ) 825
3. David M 823
4. Lee G 821
5. Paddy C 809
6. Martin C 794
7.Benny 792
8. Staffo 790
9.Alan M 762
10. Jonny LKC :D 743
11. Sean 687
12. Jimmy

Cracko the law unto himself decided to have his own event which he won!! :D He was stilll giving out though! :D

It was the first time casting the light stuff for many of us but was very enjoyable to do so and hopefully we will do another light day in the Future!

Cheers to all who helped setting up the court and taking it down too! Benny for the measures,we would of been lost without ya! A pleasure having the UCC guys down!

Re: Fairyhouse Meet Sunday May 31st

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:04 pm

Thanks for a great day (untill the 50s :oops: ). Roll on the next one (with normal leads if possible please) :D

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Jonny wrote:Thanks for a great day (untill the 50s :oops: ). Roll on the next one (with normal leads if possible please) :D

enjoyed the day, was glad to get going, highlight of the day was to see cracko cast the 50g lead and then laugh :lol: :lol: hope to make the next one, thanks again for the invite lads and well done to marty, some nice chucking, ps did sukuma sponser you or do you just like blowing up reels :lol: ps loved the new hairdo :lol:

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:03 am

What a day indeed, fantastic weather, great company and a spot of wanging to boot!
Well done to Marty for claiming top spot again on quite a difficult day conditions wise, and what a carry on casting the very light stuff (50/75g -swan shots on steroids :lol: ) for the 1st time, i dont think ive ever heard as many crack off's in one round and the laughing was just never ending :mrgreen: :mrgreen: it was an eye opener trying to get the reels set up for them..
A big thank you to all the UCC guys for making the long trip down and helping with the court/measureing, it was a pleasure to see you all again and look forward to the next time (on proper man leads on Josie's request :lol: :lol: )

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Here is a link to the full results from SCI's light lead day

http://www.ulstercastingclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=904

Lee

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:39 am

Hey there, Im from Wexford and i was just reading the forum on Casting and it sounds like a great way to learn how 2 cast and have some fun at the same time.. Im a competent caster myself but would like to learn how to increase m distance and learn from others. What times of the year do u meet u and can any1 join...?? Tanx for the post and hope to talk 2 u sooon, bubye...

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 am

Hi SirSquiglum, here are the rest of our dates for this year, , viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18829 there may be another 1-2 dates added if we can. We are always open to new members so your more than welcome to come along anytime, membership is just E50 and all you need to bring is a rod+reel+leads+plenty of line :lol:

Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:00 am

Hey tanx for the Reply..!! Sounds like fun 2 me, can i just bring the membership money on the day...??
Is there any specific type of line i need 2 bring or rods...?? And can i bring a friend aswell...?? :D
Also is it always on in Fairyhouse and wat time do u start at on the day...?? tanx again, talk soooon..
paddyc wrote:Hi SirSquiglum, here are the rest of our dates for this year, , viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18829 there may be another 1-2 dates added if we can. We are always open to new members so your more than welcome to come along anytime, membership is just E50 and all you need to bring is a rod+reel+leads+plenty of line :lol:

Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:35 am

SirSquiglum wrote:can i just bring the membership money on the day...?? Yes no problem
Is there any specific type of line i need 2 bring or rods...??
what ever gear you use when fishing should do, and here is the UKSF link with all the line spec's for each lead. http://uksf.sea-angler.org/rules.html
And can i bring a friend aswell...??yes, no hassle :D
Also is it always on in Fairyhouse and wat time do u start at on the day...?? yes at the min thats the only venue we have, usually kicks off about 10/10.30am

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:16 am

Tanx a million for the Info, Sounds gud 2 me, c u there :) , bubye...........

paddyc wrote:
SirSquiglum wrote:can i just bring the membership money on the day...?? Yes no problem
Is there any specific type of line i need 2 bring or rods...??
what ever gear you use when fishing should do, and here is the UKSF link with all the line spec's for each lead. http://uksf.sea-angler.org/rules.html
And can i bring a friend aswell...??yes, no hassle :D
Also is it always on in Fairyhouse and wat time do u start at on the day...?? yes at the min thats the only venue we have, usually kicks off about 10/10.30am
Topic locked