Distance casting

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Distance casting

Postby Sidewinder » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:18 pm

Can anyone explain when the best time to apply power to a cast when doing the pendelum swing as I saw some people doing the pendelum cast over the weekend and some have a really smoth technique and others have a messy cast where they nearly fall over when casting I had lessons a few years ago and havent time at the moment to meet the instructor.
I cant seem to get that cast right as my overhead thump can go as far as some pendelum casters and they told me if I got the pendelum technique right I should manage 3 baits and a six oz lead 150yds plus.
Sidewinder

Postby George » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:27 pm

Have a look at Neil Mackellow's stlye. http://neilmackellow.sea-angler.org/pend.html
George
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby m.b3 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:17 pm

with most 'fishing' rods putting the power in at the end of the cast is best. hitting into the rod early in the cast will make the cast difficult to control as the blank will work against you. don't try to hard. get the technique right and put the power in at the end of the cast at the 'punch-pull'.
m.b3
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 143 times
Blog: View Blog (8)

Return to Casting