Hitting it part 2

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Hitting it part 2

Postby JPS » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Well after the earlier hitting it session and after getting some pointers from various people from both this site and others I decided to head down and put a lead out with the Kompressor SS and trusty 6500CT with mono mag.
Distances were respectable but not as well as i would have liked.
I tried waiting for the lead to step out as was suggested and during the casts I thought that I had done that reasonably well. Well after checking the video results once back at home I realised that I still was not getting the possition needed to get the best out of the outfit.
If you see the last bit of the video clip you will see where I went back to the field and just practiced getting the lead out wide on the swing. Highlighting the sinker with a ribbon to make it easier to track what it was doing. I hope that this is usefull for others as it highlights the importance of correct swing in putting the lead in the right possition to then get 100% benefit form the hit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_UetZJRVoUs

Comments or suggestions for further improvement welcome as usual.

Regards
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Return to Casting