conoflex

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:09 pm

was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the conoflex ballistic any info would be appreciated such as ideal casting weight,price etc just anybodys opinion on the rod plz....

Re: conoflex

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:56 pm

the conoflex ballistic is a mixed ground rod it cast 6oz i use mine for conger and ray its a very good rod but you will have to ring conoflex to get one made or you could pick up a second hand one cos you cant by them new in shops anymore

Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:09 am

ShaneH wrote:the conoflex ballistic is a mixed ground rod it cast 6oz i use mine for conger and ray its a very good rod but you will have to ring conoflex to get one made or you could pick up a second hand one cos you cant by them new in shops anymore

thanks shane :)

i know a lad has one but know nothing much about its as of yet :roll: .......whats the rod like to cast would it be similar to the oblivion red :?:

Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:37 pm

its a very stiff powerful rod will cast 6/7 ozs. would be to stiff in my opinion for a lot of guys,its not a rod i would like to start of casting with at all.its got way to much power for that.but for fishing it will make a good rough ground rod no problem.john

Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:41 pm

beachcaster wrote:its a very stiff powerful rod will cast 6/7 ozs. would be to stiff in my opinion for a lot of guys,its not a rod i would like to start of casting with at all.its got way to much power for that.but for fishing it will make a good rough ground rod no problem.john

thanks john sounds good.....

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:23 am

The Ballistic is a lovely rod, very smooth power delivery with fast recovery. They are quite short by modern standards, 12ft6 if I remember correctly although the one I have cast was a special order and was 13ft long. As Beachcaster said though it's not really a rod for someone that does not have a sound casting technique ( it has the potential to cause pain - I know :lol: ). I may be wrong here but to me it seemed similar to be in a similar power band as the current Anubis or Nemesis SLR+.

Hope this helps.

Lee