zziplex v max f2

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

zziplex v max f2

Postby beachbuddy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi all,
just a quick query.I'm thinking of getting a zippy v max f2,my question is basically would it be fair to say that the rod would be more at home on clean ground match style fishing.What if any reports on the rod would people have on it and does anyone have one for sale,or know where one can be bought.
I know this should more than likely be in the tackle q+ans section but thought i'd try here first to see if anyone knows first hand on its capabilities on a fishing and casting front and to see if anyone knows where i could get one 2nd hand or new.
Thanks
beachbuddy
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 264 times

Re: zziplex v max f2

Postby paddyc » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:01 am

For a reasonabley priced one best chance would be e-bay or on the likes of World-Sea Fishing for sale section other wise check this out for a new one:

http://www.summerlands.co.uk/product.php?xProd=14949
http://www.summerlands.co.uk/product.php?xProd=14956

i sold one to another member on here a few months back, very user friendly slim/light but deceptivly powerfull blank.
Through actioned with a very forgiving butt, progressive mid-section and firm tip, ideal clean to med rough ground, at a push id say it would just about cope with proper rough, as for casting its an excellent 100/125g rod, lightning fast recovery, very enjoyable to use.
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby ShaneH » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:56 pm

i use a zziplex v max f2 for match fishing and its a lovely rod i cant fault it i even use it over mixed grond with no problems you can get them in 13 and 14 foot
Sportscast Ireland
ShaneH
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 284 times

Postby beachbuddy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Cheers men,
it sounds nice alright.I had a waggle with one recently i was very impressed to say the least and from what yere telling me its a gud 1.
Thanks
beachbuddy
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 264 times

Return to Casting