Aussie Comp footage 11/01/2009

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Aussie Comp footage 11/01/2009

Postby JPS » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Well after much mucking about and quite a bit of looking at footage from the day deciding on which clips and stuff here is the short video from the Australian comp on the 11/01/2009.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=msKH3td9FBk

Regards :mrgreen:
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Re: Aussie Comp footage 11/01/2009

Postby herefishyfishy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:34 pm

That just makes me jealous i have being think of teaching myself how to cast like that, was going to head out sunday to Dollymount and have a bash. i cast over head and can reach up 100yards but would like to have the skill to be able to get out that extra bit if and when needed. i have a abu garcia surveran sx with a abu garcia 6500 mag (green one). i cast with the extended butt on and the reel up higher than shown in these videos. If i do learn how to penduleum cast do i have to have the reel low and have the extendable butt removed or is that just preferance? i dont mind lnot using the extended butt but not having the reel low if possible as i have always casted with my right hand up high and i am right handed left hand is useless only good for holding the hook while baiting up and the odd time holding a fish to remove the hook :lol: :lol: . wont be able to get out soon as away now for the next two weekends so hopefully when i get back get out. Is there any easy tips that would help me? as i dont really know much about this type of casting, other than use a strong shock leader? lucky i make my own weights as i can see myself losing some. Is there a weight that i should use, i usually use 5oz from the beach and 6oz gripper on the rough days. so i also have a good amount of 4oz weights lying around from the last batch i made in the summer. If anyone wants to show me tips one day and need diamond weights as payment let me know :D (i live in Artane so just let me know). thanks in advance for any info recieved.
herefishyfishy
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 8 times

Postby JPS » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Best suggestion is not to change your reel set up etc as that is what you are used to , start with some Off the ground casting and progressively increase the arch ie. where you place the sinker behind you. ( use the 6 oz )

Make sure that you have your left arm extended well and start the cast slowly nad only hit the cast once you are looking up and square to the target.

I am sure that some of the local boys will be only to happy to help out.

Regards :mrgreen:
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby paddyc » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:18 am

herefishyfishy wrote:If anyone wants to show me tips one day

as Jeremy said, stick to what you used to and learn the basics before, once you have nailed the OTG its alot easier to move on to the pendulum, If you give me a shout when your back and free, im sure i can sort something out.
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby MAC » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Some nice cast there Jeremy.... Looks like your getting that left arm into a much higher position now. :wink: Good Stuff. Interesting to see that Lee has changed his footwork slightly as well. How is he casting? Looks like he's getting a bit more shoulder rotation...

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Return to Casting