Ozzie 3 step OTG

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Ozzie 3 step OTG

Postby JPS » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:21 am

Here is a clip of me trying out the 3 step OTG similar to Tommy as well as the Argentinian casters.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Note that due to safety reasons with the park I am only casting a 62 gram float with the reel in gear.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=i9rhdPh174U

Distances were supprisingly good :mrgreen:
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Re: Ozzie 3 step OTG

Postby Rockhopper » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:54 am

It obviously adds another problem to the timing of a cast but it should put a lot more energy there....your style looks good and you make it look easy.

Tom.
Rockhopper

Postby JPS » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback Tom , I wanted to try something different and it felt good , I am using my WR300 here and am impressed with the way the rod loads even with just 62 grams :shock:

I will try this out a bit more in the coming sessions :mrgreen:
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby Rockhopper » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:41 pm

JPS wrote:Thanks for the feedback Tom , I wanted to try something different and it felt good , I am using my WR300 here and am impressed with the way the rod loads even with just 62 grams :shock:

I will try this out a bit more in the coming sessions :mrgreen:

I remember seeing someone doing the steps before Tommy, but he was doing it pendulum and I cant remember how many steps he took, he still got it away and it looked good too but watching you and Tommy doing it from OTG it looks so natural and must be a plus for distance.

Will be interested to see you doing it with 150grs....have you tried it yet and was the distance better for it ?

Tom.
Rockhopper

Postby paddyc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:56 am

Its looks good to me, the last cast in the clip is sweet!!!
left hand is nice and high all through the cast and a fast finish, i have tried something simular recently only we call it the "OTG of DEATH"! and it in no way did mine look as smooth of powerful, well done jeremy
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Return to Casting