Guide spacings for Zziplex Profile with fixed spool

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Guide spacings for Zziplex Profile with fixed spool

Postby loboestep » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi friends, i just buy a pair of Zziplex Profile to Tom and in a few days i will start building them, i found in Summerland this
guides spacings:

PROFILE FIXED SPOOL 6 14 25 39 58 and 8" Down from top of butt. 6+Tip

Im thinking that the reel will be very near the butt ring no??

I will use it for fish and cast on the field too.

What guide spacing and size do you think will be the best for distance, fishing and permormance.

Thank you very much.

Regards: Juan
YouTube Channel: SURFCASTING FUENGIROLA https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWsj1k ... 20gJ54KLpg
loboestep
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 3 times

Re: Guide spacings for Zziplex Profile with fixed spool

Postby paddyc » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:50 am

Im sure the spacings you have listed are fine, what size rings are you thinking of using??? There can be a diff between the optimum casting and optmum fishing ring spacings. Using fixed spool always warrents larger rings and less of them than multi,, i would use alconites as they are so light starting with a 40m butt ring, 30m, 25m, 20m, 16m, 12m along with a 12m tip. (You could even get away with dropping a ring and go with 5+tip if purely for casting) by using a larger butt ring this allows you to place it a little closer to the reel and by doing this it will also help load the rod deeper, hence producing better recovery speed along with storing more power in the blank when under compression.
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby AG » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:32 am

Try the spaceings but tape on the rings to see if they work . Use light weight rings and very important use high stand off guides like a fuji svsg pattern to keep line away from going under the blank on compression !!! . That rod works best as all rods do when the butt bends so there will be performance by using a guide on the butt .
AG
Need your account moneys for new Zziplex

Have thanks: 45 times

Postby paddyc » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:51 pm

Sorry lobo your last message got deleted some how!!!
i think the site is having problems... :oops: :oops:

Here is my reply to it....
I would have to have the rod in front of me to work out what exact spacings to use but sorry i do not own a profile, its fairy easy to work out if you want to give it a try! or give Terry.C a call in UK (0044/1797366602) im sure he could help... Or ask on http://www.myfishcasting.com/casting_forum/index.php

Are you sure you need a profile ?? For the kind of fishing using 0.18?? This is very thin! i use the same kind of lines for rivers and lake fishing to catch small fish on a long pole no where near as powerful as a profile...
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby loboestep » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:16 pm

paddyc wrote:Sorry lobo your last message got deleted some how!!!
i think the site is having problems... :oops: :oops:

Here is my reply to it....
I would have to have the rod in front of me to work out what exact spacings to use but sorry i do not own a profile, its fairy easy to work out if you want to give it a try! or give Terry.C a call in UK (0044/1797366602) im sure he could help... Or ask on http://www.myfishcasting.com/casting_forum/index.php

Are you sure you need a profile ?? For the kind of fishing using 0.18?? This is very thin! i use the same kind of lines for rivers and lake fishing to catch small fish on a long pole no where near as powerful as a profile...

We use thin lines in the Mediterranean Sea in clean beaches, because the big fish is very far away and we need to cast there. If you use fixed spool and need to cast near 200 mtrs you need so thin lines. I use 0.18 but some people use 0.16 and 0.14!!!! You can fish big ones ( up to 5 kgrs and congers ) with thin lines if you use the reel drag (always in clean beaches of course) the las 15 mtrs ara a tapered line from a 0.20 to 0.55 so you can cast 120/130 grs.

So mediterranean fishermen are always looking for the best light rod to cast 120 grs far away and i think Profile is the best for that. ( Now i use this one: http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/nl/index/2009sehfish/rods_and_poles/surf/3_piece_surf_rods/super_aero_technium.html ) You can se here a 2 kgr fish catch with 0.18 Image Once i catch a 3 kgrs conger with 0.18 also and many of 2kgrs.....

Thankyou very much ill try to speak to Terry.

YouTube Channel: SURFCASTING FUENGIROLA https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWsj1k ... 20gJ54KLpg
loboestep
SAI Bait Ball

Postby loboestep » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:46 pm

loboestep
SAI Bait Ball

Return to Casting