Video - PTEC 6600W

Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:36 pm

Well here is some video that I took of myself casting the PTEC 6600W for the first time on Saturday, unfortuneately no super slow motion shots with Lee's camera but I did get a few snapp off's :oops:

Here is the clips with the reel match to the Century WR300 - Reel performed brilliantly

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8A1IeXqNhtM

Regards

WE HAVE COOKIES !

Re: Video - PTEC 6600W

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Cheers for posting that up jeremy.
Your style looks to have changed slightly,,with a diff angle on the inswing? or maybe its just the angle the camera was at.
Have you tried casting the P-tech without your "grip aid" in place?
i would have imagined that when using it you might not have needed the grip aid in place....
BTW what were the distances?
cheers paddy

Re: Video - PTEC 6600W

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:15 pm

Paddy ,

I haven't tried casting the reel without the grip aid in place as I find it more comfortable with it.
I have it set up on both my Century SS and my WR300. I might give it a go next Sunday if I can get a cast in with Lee's TT-R but as its a comp I will stick with my WR untill I finish registering all the weights.

Distances were not measured but were up on what I have achieved the previous week with my normall 6500CT.
On Sunday I also cast the reel , once again no measured distances but would be in the 220 to 230 region.

I am changing my cast a little as I am working on getting the left arm up a lot more as I turn. Only problem is I must turn a little slower to ensure that the lead sets up outside of the tip.

Regards :mrgreen: