casting lessons

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:12 pm

hi all
i am just after getting back into fishing after a few years break and i have alot :oops: of catching up to do .so was wondering if anyone knows anyone in the waterford-wexford area that might give a few lessons.cheers lads

Re: casting lessons

Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:13 pm

How ya Snots, :D Not sure of anyone who gives lessons in Wexford but if you could make Wicklow you're spolied for choice!

Give PaddyC a shout and he'll set you right. He'll even have a hanky!! :D

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:22 pm

Keith, you kill me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tom.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:50 am

thanks lads,
i will get in contact with him and see whay happens .should be fun :oops:

Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:21 pm

PM sent...
Oie staffo....."Hanky" have i missed something here..

cheers tom,,, only awake :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen:

Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Ahh Jaysus Paddy come on :D Tom will you tell him please.. :D

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:52 pm

First lesson Paddy....pick it, lick it, roll it flick it....then start the casting :D :D :D :D

Tom.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:17 pm

nice one as ever tom lol!!!!!¬! :lol: :lol: :shock:

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:24 am

Hi guys I have a smiler question. I am fishing a couple of years but always used a fixed reel. The lad in my local tackle shop who has yet to see me wrong on the advice talked me into a multiplier reel the last time I went for an upgrade. Well I chickened out and went for the "what you know" comfort zone.

Anyway last week after much thought I went and picked up a new multiplier reel. Now I don't know if its the way I lined it or (and) I just did not set it up right but after a couple of hours on Saturday and a lot of untangling I was fit for tears.

So if there is anybody in or near Dublin that does lessons I would be forever grateful for contact details.

P.S. I have had anger management classes in advance :oops:

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:30 pm

dfella25 wrote:Hi guys I have a smiler question. I am fishing a couple of years but always used a fixed reel. The lad in my local tackle shop who has yet to see me wrong on the advice talked me into a multiplier reel the last time I went for an upgrade. Well I chickened out and went for the "what you know" comfort zone.

Anyway last week after much thought I went and picked up a new multiplier reel. Now I don't know if its the way I lined it or (and) I just did not set it up right but after a couple of hours on Saturday and a lot of untangling I was fit for tears.

So if there is anybody in or near Dublin that does lessons I would be forever grateful for contact details.

P.S. I have had anger management classes in advance :oops:

What type of multi did you buy.... This might help from an advice point of view.

Kev

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:09 pm

[quote]What type of multi did you buy.... This might help from an advice point of view[/quote

Hi Kev,

It's an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6500 C3 (like I know what I'm talking about)

It's a nice neat one but it sure as hell has me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And cheers to the lads who were very quick to pm me. I'll get there soon.

DF

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:02 pm

hi DF
you should try paddy c.i meet him a few times for lessons and it was v good.he will put you on the right track in no length. :wink: