Tale of two Century's

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Tale of two Century's

Postby JPS » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:37 am

Well after having to wait till I got back to Australia to have another go with my new WR300 you could understand that I wasn't going to allow some rain and cold weather to stop me.

Dragging Lee out with his new TTR as well as his new camera with super slow motion really paid off.

Here is the video footage from the two days on day two I was hitting 100 grams on 0.28mm and the way the WR300 was launching them really puts a smile on my face. :D

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoyTHj9ut0w[/url]

When you watch it make sure to click on the high resolution option at the bottom of the screen.

Enjoy :D :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby kstaff » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi Jeremy,

cheers as always for the clip, looks incredible in that format! You 2 seemed to be really nailing those hits, glad the rod is behaving itself too :D ( as if you give it a choice :D )

Regards,

Keith.
Blue n White is the new Black!!!
kstaff
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 308 times

Postby JPS » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:18 pm

Keith ,

Glad that you liked the video , we really enjoyed putting the rods through a bit of a workout but I must stress that the first days casting with the WR reminded me that to get the most from it you need to get into a good possition with the left arm out wide and high . On the second session with it which are the close up shots I got closer to doing this the way I want.

Still have a bit of work to do so that it is second nature and that I don't rush the start.
I was casting the 100 gram in the close up shots and was really happy the way the rod tip allowed me to feel the lead possition so well.
looking forward to when I can put it to good effect in some more comps :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Postby paddyc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Excelent clips indeed, the quality is superb :shock:
Nice clean hits as always guys 8) ,, and lee looks very comfortable with his TTR, is he casting it at full lenght? (14ft6) or is he casting off a reducer?? I just picked my one up yesterday (blank), a very stiff butt section but the tip seems quite forgiving...
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby JPS » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:27 pm

Paddy ,

Lee is casting it as a full length 14'6" without the reduce and finding it quite long as is. I have cast it a few times and much prefer the shorter rods.
As a matter of fact i am hoping to get a shorter version of the TTR in the future - once I have paid off the holiday :shock:
Should be ready for 2010 :roll: :roll:
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Postby Jonny » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:55 pm

Nice video Jeremy but its just making me feel more inadequate than normal :cry:

Keep up the good work 8)

Jonny
My Photos

Casting Related Photos

Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.
Jonny
Wayward Legs

Have thanks: 4 times

Postby paddyc » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:12 am

Hi Jeremy
Yes im not a fan of the longer rods as i just dont have the speed to turn them over as quick but the new TTR's are reinforced far more than normal to allow it to be cut back to a prefered lenght, a few of the UK lads have them cut back to just over 13ft, after examining my one it runs for nearly 20-inches up the butt, a great idea IMO...
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

video-clip

Postby weaverboy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:55 pm

brilliant clips jeremy, you make those steps look easy, i went TIT over
ARSE when i actually tried them, all the best ,steve.
weaverboy

Postby JPS » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:48 pm

Steve ,

The thing with the stepping is to realise that you have plenty of time to do it and to stake small steps. If you look at Lee's he takes even smaller steps than me.

I am working on that as I have a bad habit of taking a big final step that puts my centre of balance out and reduces my ability to hit the rod as hard as I can :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Postby MAC » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:18 pm

Hey Jeremy,

Only getting to see this clips this evening.....fcuking unreal footage. I really like the new slow mo cam... Any details?

Looks like th new rods are going well for you.

I am currently throwing the 100g with a Zziplex 4500 and personally, I really like a softer tip with this lead weight as I can also feel the lead get into position better.

I'm still not past 200M, but I,m getting closer. :lol:
Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Return to Casting