BD Practice lead up.

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

BD Practice lead up.

Postby JPS » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:03 am

Here is a clip of some practice sessions that I had on Sunday as lead up to the UK and BD event.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvP5UoH3Dxs[/url]

I have done it in slow motion to allow others to see the cast better as well as to allow me to see what I am doing wrong. I will be working on not stepping so much on the hit as well as waiting longer on the backswing.

Any feedback welcome.
Rod is the Kompressor SS.

Regards :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby paddyc » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:49 am

looking good jeremy, some nice clean hits and the left arm well out and in good possition for the final power stroke, its good to look at the clips in slow-mo alright as it really lets you know whats what.
What sort of numbers did you get..?
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby JPS » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Paddy ,

conditions on the day were not good for casting with basically no wind, High pressure of 1028 to 1030 and a lot of water in the air in the form of fog etc. It clear up later in the afternoon witha very slight breeze.

The better casts were in the high 220's low 230's depending on the rod I used. On the day my XTR Sport produced the biggest distance with the SS just a little behind.
Unfortunately the sport tip is just a bit too long to allow me to bring it over on the plane.

JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Postby MAC » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi Jeremy,

If you would like the option of the sport on the day, I can ask one of the Irish lads to bring mine over for you to use.

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby MAC » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Some nice hits there.... Just looking at the clips, you seem to be getting better position on your left arm when you are not thinking about the big step..... :? Your left arm is perfect (Shoulder high) in cast 3. In cast 3, you seem to take a smaller step, thus giving the arm a little more time to climb into the higher position. In casts 4 & 5 you are taking a very big final step and because you take this step a little soorer in the cast your left arm is about 6-8 inches lower and you seem to be loosing some of the power generated by the pull action of the left arm.

Just my 2c amigo, and I would pay some serious cash to hit some of the distances you were making on the day. :D

Kev
Last edited by MAC on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby JPS » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:16 pm

Mac ,

Thanks for the feedback and you are spot on with what you are saying as Lee Andrews who is another top caster over here said the same thing to me.

I will be trying to reduce the step size to ensure that I have :
1. more time to get the arms in possition.
2. Better centre of balance to Push/pull on the hit.

I may take you up on the offer of the sport.

Can you PM me your phone number as I will be over in the UK on Sunday.

JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Return to Casting