mag elite problem

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

mag elite problem

Postby WILL » Sun May 18, 2008 5:51 pm

the problem is that i cant adjust the end float on my mag elite(green) i,ve tried eveything i can think of i,ve checked that nothing is ceased, also the holder in the right hand sideplate end cap is holding the spindle in place, the spool also is off centre to far to the right and it wont adjust back at all any suggestions would be much appreciated
WILL
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby paddyc » Sun May 18, 2008 10:08 pm

if it has not been taken apart/hence possibile loss of a something, check that the left endfloat adjuster has not taken a knock and bent the endplate inwards? my mate,s reel had this very prob,new left endplate/ sorted!
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

mag elite problem

Postby WILL » Sun May 25, 2008 10:50 am

thanx paddy but that loks ok to i think i,l bite the bullet and buy a new 1 would you recommend the abu hi speed mag or the ordinary mag elite (gun metal finish)?it,ll be for clean ground as i use 525 mags for the rough?, also i keep reading about pete cooghan conversions has this guy got a website????? thanx
:wink: Paul
WILL
SAI Bait Ball

Postby paddyc » Sun May 25, 2008 2:21 pm

If its not that there has to be something stopping the spool going left, usually bent left end plate or cage warp, is the spindle sitting right in the brass bullet on left? is the bearing ok in that side of the spool? you may not need to get another (although it would do no harm)
I have the new gun metal one,s there great and i have cast the red high speed one its a cracking reel, there were some problems with the gears and pinions, bit ive not heard of one go recently. If it were my choice id try get a blue elite/green mag or one of the the older rockets, thats just me personal preference..

PeteCoogan works at the ABU Proformance Centre - UK, he is without dowth the best "reel doctor" there is,,, and he usually carries large stock of all sorts of abu parts, and has recently developed his own tournament casting reels, incorperating his design of CT cage-(P-Tech) which is just stunning!! there a real masterpiece, and done is 5000/6500/6600W sizes. He has no web site, here are some pics of his reels--

http://www.myfishcasting.com/casting_fo ... ght=#52985

he might have one or two left, they are a limited run.
his number is:
(0044)7740306500
hope this helps. Paddy
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Postby paddyc » Mon May 26, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi Will,no problem ididnt even notice your address on profile. :oops:
are you anywhere near Bridgend?? Warren at Keens tackle im sure would be able to sort your reel
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Postby WILL » Tue May 27, 2008 8:51 pm

paddy your a real gentelman thanx for all the advice and i,m not that far from bridgend bout 20mins buuuuuut i think i solved the problem in the bearing there is a brass spacer it was twisted :D removed said spacer and you know what it works :roll: well i stipped it down re oiled everything and it seems ok now just have to go cast it and ee what happens thanx again paddy for all your help your a star maybe we,ll meet up 1 day on me and my mates quest to fish all over yous beatifull country
WILL
SAI Bait Ball

Return to Casting