Results 11th May

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Results 11th May

Postby paddyc » Mon May 12, 2008 8:30 pm

What a day!! Conditions were really against us from the off, with virtually no wind all day (1-6mph), humidity and air pressure were high so we knew we had a challange ahead. We had 7 casters in attendance and top spot went to John Henry with an excellent display of casting, putting down distances that by no way matched the day that was in it. Well done John :wink: Making a come back was Lee Gallllagher, who had not cast competitively in 15yrs or more. Lee was one of the 1st Irish casters to cast at the UKSF and did extremely well hitting 200yds+ and looks set to take up where he left off. Well done Lee, good to have you back at it.

Results/yards:
-----------------------------150g--------------125g-------------------------------

Jimmy Kennan----------191.49---------------------------------------------------
Keith Stafford-----------198.38---------------------------------------------------
Paddy Cunningham-----222.65-------------230.86------------------------------
John Henry--------------245.51---------------------------------------------------
Kevin Mcclean--------------------------------188.86-----------------------------
Lee Gallagher-----------206.91---------------------------------------------------
James Kernan---------------------------------103.2------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby MAC » Mon May 12, 2008 10:52 pm

Nice day to be out all the same. I was hoping for big things with the 100g, but I lost the only lead I has on my second cast. :twisted: I did manage a unmeasured 160ish Meter cast on my first with the line lifting off the spool all the way. Just overfilled that wiffle spool a little too much. Next time...... :wink:

I was peppering the 170 Meter Mark all day on the 150g. Didn't bother to have any measured as I was searching for a PB. I did manage a nice cast around 180M, but it landed on a very hard part of the court and the lead didn't bed in. I was disgusted when I was at the 170 Meter mark and Paddy let me know I was reeling the lad back to myself. .......... :x Shite.

I still have a lot to work on. I will try to get a bit more practice in over the coming weeks and hopefully put a few past the 200 Meter mark over the summer...... That's the plan anyway. :D

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby okuma » Tue May 13, 2008 10:03 am

pitty about weather,after all nice to see so many in the field.....i manage few hours in eve out in the lake...(no fields around me :( ) TT-R :shock:
okuma

Postby kstaff » Tue May 13, 2008 1:14 pm

great day to be out, thanks to all who attended.

How is the TTR Rytis? I hope it's a big lake!
Blue n White is the new Black!!!
kstaff
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 308 times

Postby okuma » Tue May 13, 2008 3:14 pm

its Blessington lake i was...yeap its a big one :) TT-R -great enjoying more than my CMC to be honest
okuma

Postby coaster » Tue May 13, 2008 10:16 pm

Could not make this as i still dont have a rod. :twisted: :D :D
coaster
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby JPS » Wed May 14, 2008 2:59 am

Paddy,

Well done to all the casters and looks like you had conditions similar tothe Australian;s on the same day, only a couple of 1000 km's apart :roll:

Looking forward to meeting up with a few of you at the BD event - not long to go :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby paddyc » Wed May 14, 2008 6:50 am

Yes not long now Jeremy.. :D One of our casters used to live near Antwerp he said June would be very simular to the conditions we had on Sunday (hot/sticky and humid :? ) so it give us an idea of the kinda distances acheivable lets just hope there is a bit more wind!!

Coaster/are you in the market for a new rod..??
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Postby JPS » Wed May 14, 2008 10:38 am

Paddy ,

Have had a fair bit of practice in those conditions so it wont be to bad.

What temprature do you define as hot ?

Our worst comp down here in Australia and the temp was 45C in the shade :shock:

Regards :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Postby paddyc » Wed May 14, 2008 11:10 am

Well over here anything above 0-degrees is hot!! :lol: :lol: just kidding the conditions we had on sunday would be classed as hot for here, 20/25 degrees+, it does get hotter but those days are few and far between, kevin reckons late June in Antwerp would be somewhere between 25-35 degrees and relatively humid, nothing like what you have to put up with :shock: your reels must be running on honey at those temps!! :twisted:
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Postby JPS » Wed May 14, 2008 1:34 pm

Reels are running on Tournament rocket fuel but the mags would be set to have a start spin time of 4 seconds .

Start them slow and then wind off as required. The best distance on the hot day if I remember correctly was 246 meters :shock: sent down by Scott.

Regards :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Postby coaster » Wed May 14, 2008 3:14 pm

hello Paddy.
Not in the market just yet.
That was just a sly dig at a friend of ours. :P
coaster
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby paddyc » Wed May 14, 2008 9:25 pm