Prctice session this evening

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Prctice session this evening

Postby MAC » Thu May 08, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi All,

Went out for a throw this evening for about 2 1/2 hours.

Conditions were nice with a 6ish mph wind down court. I was throwing into this wind coming back up court.

Started off with the Zziplex XTR and the 150g. Was using my practice reel (Abu Mag elite) with 0.33. Although I loose a few meters with this setup, I find it a bit easier to use, especialy since I haven't had a cast in some time. The reel felt a bid dead this evening and I was struggling to get the 150g away. Best cast was about 165M

Switched to the Zziplex 4500s after about 10 casts with the XRT. First try was the 100g on a Abu 5500 with some 0.25 and a wiffle spool. First chuck and I emptied the spool :shock: Walked it out at the end of the evening and I was about the 180 - 185 Meters :D . Blew up on the cast back into the wind. :twisted:

Switched to a normal spool on the 5500 with some 0.31. Switched to the 125g and these seemed to be getting away nicely. Was hitting the 180m ish mark with each chuck. Finished off with a 185ish throw which I was very happy with. All in all not a bad evening. Hopefully with a reel change I can start to get the 150g away a bit better.

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby MAC » Fri May 09, 2008 10:34 am

Hopefully paddy. I feel like I have a 200 Meter in me with the 100... The 125, should go close. I need to eat a lot more pies, for the 150g Just can't get the fecking thing away.

One big improvment for me was getting the head around AND looking up. I seem to be getting a better flight angle.

Sunday will tell. Might try overloading that Wiffle spool this afternoon and having a quick go this evening.

I'm going to have a long look a Jeremy's videos. My try add the 3 step..... seems to add a bit of power in the hit.

I won't make the BD :cry: Pity, Would love to have made it. Just can't find the time at the moment.

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby JPS » Fri May 09, 2008 12:15 pm

Kev,

PM me your postal address and I will send over some DVD's of the Australian casters including Scott Selby & Lee Andrews who are the top guns when it come to stepping in the cast.

Here is a link to some of Lee's latest casting.

[url]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tjnrt66GwE[/url]

Regards :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby kstaff » Fri May 09, 2008 1:02 pm

Good stuff Kev, sorry I missed that can't have you getting sneaky sessions in!! :D

Might try get out tonight fo 1 or 2 before Sunday?
Blue n White is the new Black!!!
kstaff
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 308 times

Return to Casting