Feet positioning for pendulumn

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Feet positioning for pendulumn

Postby Donagh » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:44 pm

Whats the best feet positioning for a fishing pendulumn. I place my right foot 90 degrees to the cast and left foot pointing to the target sometimes slightly to the left.

Donagh
Donagh
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 27 times

Re: Feet positioning for pendulumn

Postby eric » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Donagh wrote:Whats the best feet positioning for a fishing pendulumn. I place my right foot 90 degrees to the cast and left foot pointing to the target sometimes slightly to the left.

Donagh

sounds right to me, was always told to have your feet at shoulder's width apart running parallel to the beach
species for 2009 (42)
species for 2010 (27)
species for 2011 (12)
species for 2012 (8)
[i][b][color=#0000BF] best advice for catching species is girls dont like fishing and its hard to catch fish when you sell all your gear'[/color][/b][/i]
eric
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 13 times

Postby kstaff » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi Donagh,

I plant my right foot firmly and parallel to the target, then with the left foot slighty ahead I try lean my upper body forward in the opposite direction of the outswing. When the lead is climbing on the inswing try swivel your left leg to open your body up more to apply the power for the hit.

Not saying it's the exact way to do it but it's what I've been shown and it works for me. I've seen loads of top casters in action and no 2 were exactly alike.

Hope this helps somewhat, I'm sure 1 of the lads will offer a better explanation.
Blue n White is the new Black!!!
kstaff
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 308 times

Return to Casting