Casting 175 gram

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Casting 175 gram

Postby JPS » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Here is a short clip of training with the ZTi , casting 175 gram on 0.40mm line. Note that there was a reasonable cross court wind and distances were not big.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtwA7wpuI2o[/url]

One point that it does raise in my mind is how much 0.40 line will fill the 6500 size reels and what is the most popular reel for casting the larger weights ?

Comments on the cast will be appreciated - thanks :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby toaddi33 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:12 pm

well done on empting the reel...will be a while before i do that :lol: lovely looking court....good weather too(jealous :evil: )
toaddi33
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby MAC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:38 pm

Nice one Jeremy... Just wondering why you were using 0.40 line? Is this your practice set-up.

I really like the way you step before you hit. Seems to be a very nice way of keeping you ballance and getting some power through the hit. Do you use this step for a flat arc type cast as well? or just high swing. Have to get out into the field and get myself sorted.... Stuck at 170M for way too long.

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby JPS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:58 pm

Kev ,

The two step that I use is to ensure that I have waited long enough for the sinker to have moved into position on my back swing. In the clips it is difficult to see this . I will try and put up another clip where I am using my practice plug which can be seen clearly.

The step can also be used on a flat style but you would need to get the feel roght to once again time the sinker stepping out on the backswing.

The reason for using 0.40 was that I had run out of 0.35 and wanted to cast the 175 gram with the closest line to what I will use during our upcoming comp on Sunday.

Regards :D

Heres the clip:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRhyWNHEI1g[/url]

If you can slow the image you will see that the step allows the blob to reach its apex as I start my full turn.

Hope that this is of some help. :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Return to Casting