High & Low swing with the ZTi

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

High & Low swing with the ZTi

Postby JPS » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:14 pm

Here is some footage from todays practcice with the ZTi were I am trying the flatter style .

This has allowed me to improve my timing a bit more but am interested in the performance others have had with this rod with the two styles.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23jZC-pfwc8[/url]

Regards :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby paddyc » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:18 pm

It does look nice and clean jeremy, you seem to be loading it a bit earlier hence adding more compression, the whole cast is looking good.
Is there any added distance with the flatter style?
I have had a few throws with the zti and i have to say im likeing it, imo it feels very simular to an xtr sport but a bit firmer in the butt and recovers like lightning.
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby JPS » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:00 pm

Paddy,

The distances thatI was achieving with the 175 gram were my best to date and the 125 gram was also very good.

My best distances are now coming from this flatter style and I am able to repeat it on a more consistent basis as compared to my high swing style.

I agree with you on the rod as well as I also have the XTR Sport which is also excellent but the slimmer design and weight of the ZTi make it a more pleasant rod to use.

Regards :D
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Return to Casting