abu garcia 6500 C3

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

abu garcia 6500 C3

Postby James Barry » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:54 pm

got a present of this reel back from america, smashing reel and i hope 2 use it for casting but it has a level wind!! does any1 have any advice on how i could take it off was told just 2 cut it off with a mini saw, apart from that do i have to open the hole reel up!??
><(('> ...... ><(('>
James Barry
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 25 times

Postby kstaff » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:20 pm

How ya James it can be done easily enough by someone in the know, not me, 1 of the lads will be able to advise.
Blue n White is the new Black!!!
kstaff
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 308 times

Postby Rockhopper » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:55 pm

James,

The safest way is to buy a new ct cage...in the long run it could work out the cheapest way also.....you may even find a buyer for the L/W cage to help offset the cost.

To answer your question though...yes you need to take both side plates off and remove the spool before you start cutting and filing...warning...one slip and you have a nasty mark on the chrome...even if you use masking tape...best left to the likes of Peter Coogan in the UK.

Tom.
Rockhopper

Postby Marty Harrison » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:52 pm

2 Min job for someone in the know with a dremmel, as kieth has said if you want it converted one of the lads can do it easily im sure. You will need to buy a conversion bar for it to replace the levelwind bar, there about £10 on ebay or i can give you a few contacts as could the lads to get one from england.

Marty
SACN Membership #0702
Marty Harrison
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 15 times

Postby James Barry » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:57 pm

Sound for the replys lads but i got it sorted, found sum1 in the no!!
><(('> ...... ><(('>
James Barry
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 25 times

Return to Casting