Official Irish Records

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Postby paddyc » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:07 am

How do you make that one out? I attanded alot of the old IMASA casting heats and a few All Ireland finals and nerver seen him at any of them?
Whats his distance? and where was this done? as any record casts have to be recorded on an official Irish court during an official meet...
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby nthclare » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:56 pm

Ill have to tear my room apart to find it but I remember years ago in the angling news during the late 80s and early 90s reading about him.

Steve doesnt do any casting competitions anymore but if he did he would probably drink carlsberg lol but I have seen him casting and his technique is a1 he would have been one of the original top casters but maybe not today.

As far as I know he is gone back to the uk.

I need to go back to basics as I lost my technique any of you guys coming down my way soon I could do with some lessons :lol: would be much apreciated :)
nthclare
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 7 times

Postby kstaff » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:32 am

As fas as i can remember reading, S Gillett lives in Kilarney and still gives lessons,i may be wrong though but it's unlikely. :D
kstaff
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 308 times

Postby paddyc » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:44 am

spoke to tom.B yesterday and he also reckons he is gone home to UK a while now, andrew also never heard of him attending any irish casting event ever,so i dont know... :?:
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby Rockhopper » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:16 am

He is living back in England, Terry Carroll mentioned him to me a couple of months back and said so, I confirmed it with Neil Mackellow yesterday after talking to PaddyC, to make sure.

I never met Steve, but he was quite well known in the UK as an instructor, cant remember ever seeing his name in tournaments though.

Tom.
Rockhopper

Re: Official Irish Records

Postby MAC » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Hey Paddy,

Would it be possible to put an updated table up based on the info above. This way we can have something to compare against next week.

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Previous

Return to Casting