Riverdance casting

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Riverdance casting

Postby Donagh » Sun May 20, 2007 9:22 am

I'm up in wicklow for a short visit so have broadband access and can see youtube posts so I've been looking at the casting. My legs stay static when doing my version of a fishing pendulmn where as everyone else is doing a jig to get more of a swing. Is this just for on the field for a larger swing or do you fish with these casts. I think I'd end up breaking me leg if I cast like that on any of my marks.

Donagh
Donagh
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 27 times

Postby paddyc » Tue May 22, 2007 1:21 pm

Well i can only speak for myself on this one, I dont use these types of casts when fishing as soft baits would simply be tore off the hook, when fishing your not hitting the rod half as hard or fast as when just out in the field wanging. The only situation if ever tried this was with sandeel bait well whipped on a single hook distance clip down rig, hope this helps
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby Donagh » Tue May 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Thanks. Interesting to see others casting. Petty theres zero chance of getting broadband to my home connection and youtube is blocked from work.

Donagh
Donagh
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 27 times

Return to Casting