Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:07 pm

Na Its a Captain-fish, 22lbs from my last trip to Gambia Nov 06, i had a 5 of these in one eve session all around the 20 mark, but one was over 30lb, great crack from the beach. I did have one queenfish last year only about 5lb but again great scrap got it using surface poppers and a on spinning rod, even better :twisted:

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:05 pm

Good to see your up for it fintan. Ok, i know some of you sent me your details already but for those who have not done so yet i need full names and adresses (via a Private Message on this site) as i need them for the insurance details and the clubs records,,etc,, (all in 100% confidentence)

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:23 pm

great to see a bit of interest again we need fresh blood in the sport over here again . it can only be good for everyone interested because it might bring back a few of the older guys who have a wealth of knoledge to share and what better way than a proper casting club. we need a good venue some where the public can not bother us . if anyone knows of a place like a private estate or the like we can hire for a day a month or similar let us know.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:29 pm

I'll ask around, There might be a farmer with a grass field around my way (Ratoath, Co. Meath, 20 mins from M50 - N2 exit)

Kev

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:46 pm

workin on it too Kev, some nice ones out our way!

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:04 am

Is this going to be limited to Dublin area. If not I might have a good spot down here for a meet. A disused golf driving range.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:11 pm

Nice one coaster, its does not have to be dublin at all, at the moment i have some limited use of some fields in cavan, but im in the process of trying to to get a cracking peice of land in kildare that would be perfect for us, but all options are worth enquiring and considering until we establish a regular venue,,its great to see the amount of interest this time round and by the looks of things we have a very healthy club on our hands 8)

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:32 pm

Anyone else wanting to sign up for the casting club,,???
and for anyone who has not sent me there details please do,,,
cheers Paddy

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:05 pm

just a note to say that its looking good for the club to be set up now we need to finalise names of members as the paper work from the ifsa has arerived and we hope to have a price and other details in the next day or so send paddy your details asap as we want to get it sorted thanks lads.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:13 pm

Why are you not going with the UKSF Andrew, will you affiliate? We would all be playing on the same playing field then insurance wise for comps etc. I presume you`ll cast to their regs as the ISFA have never set any for Tournament Surfcasting to my knowledge. Will day casters be allowed through the IFSA so we can come and compete with your club and be insured?

Good luck with getting things going.

Marty

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:23 pm

hey marty , rules will be as per uksf as they are taken as the standard world wide , being in southern ireland and not part of the uk i dont think a uk based insurance would be much good to us . as for the ifsa insurance we are covered for the whole of the country both north and south. we will probably affiliate to uksf . but anyone casting in the new club must be a member as the insurance only covers paid up members. i dont have the final details paddy is looking after the paper work as we speak.
my brother is involved in the insurance business and he is pretty sure that no uk insurance company wheter it be sports insurance or car insurance etc will cover people or clubs based or liveing in the south of ireland and he said he would not like the thought of making a claim or a court case etc to a uk based insurer from the south it would be a nightmare he reckons. much safer for all involved if we go with the ifsa. i reckon
Last edited by AG on Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:34 pm

Hi Andy,

I thought Surfcast Ireland was run through the UKSF in its day?

Shame there is to be no day casters, means we will all have to join if we gonna come down for a trip, not so handy for setting up interprovincials either. This being the case will membership be open after the initial inception of the club or will I/we have to sign up now so as not to miss the boat?

I will get our UKSF insurance checked out to see if it will cover our members if we were to travel down, if so would this be ok do you think?

Marty

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:49 pm

marty once the insurance and affilliation fee is paid it only costs 25 euro per member per year so as a day caster you would have to pay 25 euro i think ? so the more members we get the cheaper it will be per year per member but everyone has to pay the 25 per year. something like that.membership will allways be open esspecially to to guys who represent their country in the sport :wink: we might be able to merge the two clubs in some way aswell ?
Last edited by AG on Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:54 pm

Let me know when you get it worked out Andy, I presume as a daycaster the 25 euro would be one off for membership and not each time we came down?

Im only asking these questions as it would be good to get something going between the two clubs on an all ireland level, were gonna do that well have to cast together :D

Look forward to it

Marty

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Thing's are looking well on all fronts it seems, fair play to all who are making this possible, I have high hopes for what can happen ( club wise) in the future once the momentum continues. I'm sure everyone will benefit both casting and fishing as a result. Are there any other casting clubs aside from UCC? If not a bit of Angling press wouldn't go a miss?

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:41 am

Well i spoke to G.Knight last night to try and get some amendments on a few diff points on there insurance policy in order to have our sport fully covered and he tells me there is an IFSA meeting this weekend which will include an insurance review, so we should have word back from him by sunday eve at some stage and he assures me it will be no problems, so far judging by the numbers its actually going to be quite cheap to become a member and cast (as if your not a fully paid up member you CANNOT cast,,this is purely for insurance purposes) this includes affiliation and insurance cover to be paid by ALL Sports Cast Ireland members (regardless of if a member already being affiliated via another club- we all have to pay) this is an IFSA directive!! :roll: more info to follow,,,,,,,

also can you all make sure that if your name is not on the list shown below that you get your details (full name,address,ph-no) to me through this site(via a PM)ASAP,as i will be looking for the cash very soon,thanks.

Paddy Cunningham
John Henry
Stephen Henry
Andrew Gormley
Jimmy Keenan
George Keenan
Stephen Brennan
Gerard Mahony
John Mahony
Pete Davis
Eoin Magrath
Brian Cooke
Kevin McClean
John Diamond
paul doyle
Sean Ivory
Paul Power
Fintan kavanagh
John Mc Carthy
Keith Stafford
Stephen Blake
Pat Spillane
Alan McGrane
Mark Beatty
Alexander Dainty.
Denis Brock
James Barry,
greg matthews
John Waldron
keith matthews
Sam Roach
Dave Greene
David Heffernan
Jonathan Moloney
Paul Mason
Last edited by paddyc on Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:57 pm

well it looks like we have secured land on the curragh as our new venue 8) we just have to meet up with them this sunday and let them see us in action and make sure there happy with us both on the safety front and insurance wise. Im still awaiting word from gerry knight (IFSA) to get back to me regarding the updated insurance policy and then its collect the cash time,,at the moment were looking at about 35 per head per year,as soon as i speak to him i will post the breakdown of the funds,,,,wont be long now,,, :wink:

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:54 pm

great news Paddy :)

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:23 am

put me down aswell paddy

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:32 pm

Great news indeed, plenty of open space to aim for!!

I have agreed to help Paddy on this lads to ease his workload hence this mail!

Monies will need to be collected within the next week from all those who confirmed their interest in joining. Rather than sending cheque's etc would PAYPAL be a suitable method for everyone? If so we can get that set up straight away.

If there is an agreeable and easier method all suggestions welcome,

Cheers,
Kstaff!