two open competitions in carrickfergus ( penn points )

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:01 pm

The carrickfergus borough council are sponsoring two open shore angling competitions on sat 17th june and sunday 30th july 2006
carrickfergus beach & rockers s.a.c. will steward and organise the events
venue = carrickfergus promenade. fishing from 2pm tp 6pm and 1pm to 5pm two pegged competitions which both hold penn league points
catch & release no size limits
mainly small flounder
entry £3.00 senior £1.50 juniors, oaps, and disabled. optional flatfish pool
cash and prizes up for grabs
more details later
Last edited by STUART LANGRIDGE on Mon May 01, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:29 pm

Sounds interesting Stuarty - I will keep it in mind.

Jude

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:06 pm

So whats that in Euro's???? :D :D :D :D

Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:39 am

good work stu

Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:34 pm

Had a go at the summer comp last year, really good laugh. Highly recommended. 8)

Lee

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:23 pm

Bet you lost terribly.
:lol:

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:06 pm

Hi Stuarty, good on you. Do you have to be a member of the IFSA etc to fish the comp? or is it just turn up on the night. I have to check with the boss to see if I will be allowed out that evening but after dropping a few hints it's now looking good 8)

Is there a limit to the amount of anglers the prom can hold?

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:08 pm

HI MATEY
NO YOU DONT HAVE TO BE IN I.F.S.A. AND IM HOPING THAT WE SHOULD HAVE ABOUT 70PEGS FAMILIES, DOUBLES , TREBLES WILL ALL BE TOGETHER

CHEERS

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:09 am

That's what I like to hear, A good fun night with a few mates and the family. Well a few good mates anyway :shock:

Looking forward to it and might even talk the wife into coming along to bait my hooks :lol: . Are you sending application forms to the club secretary's to send on or where do we get them from?

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:09 am

That's what I like to hear, A good fun night with a few mates and the family. Well a few good mates anyway :shock:

Looking forward to it and might even talk the wife into coming along to bait my hooks :lol: . Are you sending application forms to the club secretary's to send on or where do we get them from?

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:10 am

Sorry there's that stutter back, I thought I had got rid of it after the last time :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:12 pm

the last couple years have been a great sucess and number of anglers have also increased the last couple of years too also very good craic :D :D :D

Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:22 pm

ITS JUST ARRIVE ON THE DAY AND PICK THE TYPE OF PEG YOU WANT
IN THIS COMP YOU ARE ALLOWED TO HELP WITH TACKLE AND BAITS TO ENCOURAGE THE NOVICES AND JUNIORS TO TAKE UPE A NEW PASTIME
I WILL POST MORE DETAILS CLOSER TO THE TIME :wink:
AS JOHNNY SAYS ITS USUALLY VERY FAMILY ORIENTATED WE USUALLY HAVE SOME OF THE LOCAL DAY CENTRE FISHING GROUP THAT I HELP OUT WITH IN ATTENDANCE ONE THING ABOUT CARRICK PROMENADE IS THAT THERE IS SERIOUS CRAB ACTIVITY, THIS YEAR THERE WILL BE NO SIZE LIMIT AS IT IS CATCH AND RELEASE, FLOUNDERS ARE THE MAIN SPECIES, CAUGHT EVERY YEAR,

Re: two open competitions in carrickfergus ( penn points )

Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:07 am

disabled optional flatfish pool

Stuart is this one of the fish that frequent the sewer pipes

Mon May 01, 2006 9:12 am

HEY MAN WE ARNT THAT FAR AWAY FROM SELLAFIELD U KNOW :lol:

penn comps

Sun May 07, 2006 11:30 am

alright stu are these comps takin the place of your clubs comp on the 18 of june

Tue May 09, 2006 6:26 pm

both the compos will be held on the saturday cause on the 18th we are fishin in scotland for the 8th leg of the masters which should be good....it would have been good if the pier me and stuarty always fished was not banned for this year due to the amount of fish we walk off the pier with every year

Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:09 pm

club trip to scotland now a week later
i can confirm that the first comp is on saturday 17th june fishing from 2pm to 6pm second comp is on 30th july both comps awarded penn league status potential of 80 entrants
in both comps £3.00 entry seniors and £1.50 concessions and juniors
a warm welcome assured
:wink: its a good bit a crack