ruling on measuring fish with trace still attached.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi all just something im wondering about,that somebody out there that fishes the match scene regularly might be able to answer.Basically in a match situation if a person presents a fish for measurement with a trace still in its mouth,is this fish eligible or not?Thanks.

Re: ruling on measuring fish with trace still attached.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:41 pm

beachbuddy wrote:Hi all just something im wondering about,that somebody out there that fishes the match scene regularly might be able to answer.Basically in a match situation if a person presents a fish for measurement with a trace still in its mouth,is this fish eligible or not?Thanks.

just tell them to take the hook out

Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Fair enough,but is there a ruling within ifsa ruling or elsewhere that states the fish must be removed off the trace before been measured.Im just looking for a yes or no answer,no grey area.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Just had a look at the ifsa rules and constitution and could not find a rule saying hooks should be removed before measure, so I would say no

Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:23 pm

There is no rule on it so no grey area.but common sense would be to unhook a fish before getting it signed in by the adjacent angler so you wont be dragging a trace with you,but if you where at the other anglers peg as the fish was caught and then measured the fish whilst on the trace then whats the problem? but with your original question the answeris theres no rule

Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:13 pm

The reason ive asked the question is because of a situation "I" personally have been in recently[nobody else]and in the interest of "fairness"and sportsmanship I would have disqualified myself from a recent competition if such a ruling actually existed,but as a rule obviously doesn't exist my conscience is clear.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Well you've nothing to worry about.you can only fish to the rules as they are in black and white.no more no less!

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:02 am

Very true Derek.
Tight lines