Considering Fishing the New Zealand Nationals this spring?

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Bruce Glass, the NZACA, New Zealand Angling and Casting Association's National Championships Coordinator, contacted me with regard to getting the message out to anyone who may be travelling to New Zealand in late March who might like to consider fishing their National Championships, see http://www.nzaca.co.nz/.

Below is Bruce's mail, any club or individual interested should contact Bruce through the NZACA site.

I have recently been appointed to the position of the New Zealand Angling and Casting Association's National Championships Coordinator. That mouthful can be shortened to .. NZACA National Championships Coordinator.

One of my aims over the next few years is to grow the competition including advertising the event to Clubs in the UK, Ireland and Australia (to start with). It is very likely that fisher people from the UK, Ireland and Australia could be holidaying here in New Zealand at the time of our National Championships which are usually towards the end of March each year and may like the opportunity to compete against us Kiwis.

To promote this idea, I need to contact Clubs throughout the UK & Ireland and wondered if you can help me with a list of e-mail contacts or websites etc. for the various Clubs in the UK & Ireland?

I will be producing a newsletter about the event from time to time and am prepared to send it to whomsoever would like to receive it.

Now that we have adopted the UKSF Casting Rules, UK & Australian Casters would fit comfortably into the competition. The fishing portion of the Championships includes Boat/Kayak fishing, shore based fishing and also Trout fishing, so there is something for everyone.

I hope you are able to help me spread the word in the UK & Ireland and look forward to any help or advice you can provide.

Best regards,

Bruce Glass
New Zealand Angling and Casting Association (Inc)
National Championships Coordinator

Re: Considering Fishing the New Zealand Nationals this sprin

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Good morning all from the sunny Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
The posting about our NZACA National Championships here in New Zealand is the beginning of my attempts to grow our event to include International competitors. Each year our National Championships are usually held in March or April which is early Autumn here with mostly settled warm weather. I know from experience that we have many visitors from Ireland and the UK over the summer & autumn and there is every reason to think that some of these visitors may be anglers and casters. It is these people that I am looking to encourage to "have a go" in our National Champs. Recently our association changed our casting rules to similar rules to the UKSF therefore you will all be familiar with them and able to compete at the same level you currently do. On the fishing side of things, we have Boat/Kayak, saltwater shore based and Trout fishing sections. Should you be contemplating a holiday in New Zealand during March or April in the coming years, you may wish to think about our event. I am more than happy to have you contact me directly and have put my contact details at the end of this message. Best regards, Bruce Glass.
7 Marshwood Place
The Gardens
Papamoa, 3118
New Zealand
Bruce.Glass@xtra.co.nz