Master Angler 2012

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Very best of luck to all this weekend hope it goes well, if anyone gets updates throw them up here please.

cheers.

Re: Master Angler 2012

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:53 am

well i was at the peg draw and can say that it didnt go down well with a lot of the anglers no one could draw their own pegs it was done for them their name was called out then 3 committe members each picked a peg for the venues they said this was how it was done at the world championship it mignt be quicker than having every body queue up but some notice in advance wouldnt have went amiss as some anglers had came up early for the draw and had to pay around £40 for b&b when they could have turned up in the morning and got their peg numbers anyway

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:31 am

Is that how it's always done at the World Championships or just in Holland?
As you say a bit of notice would have been good for the anglers. Shame they couldn't put up the daily results like was done at the World Championships.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 am

all iv,e heard is kevin barber is leading with 1 session to go.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:16 pm

1st Brian Cooke

2nd Alan O Dowling

3rd Alan Mulcahy.

Ruairi, Keith and Kevin from SAI/ECR all finished inside the top ten. Congratulations to Brian and to all the lads that finished in the fish offs.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:43 pm

well done brian and all that fished

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:57 pm

well done fella,,,,,,delighted for you......tough weekend

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:23 pm

Well done Brian .Deserved that,especially for getting Tom home early to bed every night.

The stewards were brilliant and northern clubs did a great job.

Maybe a few more Google map copies the next time.Few photocopies surely wont break the bank but all in all a very well riun comp and timely results,fair play to Brian Prendergast.

Next time can you tell the underesize fish to pish off?

Any one got a picture of the results sheet?Any one left up there >

Thanks

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Fantastic result Brian fair play to you well done 8) :wink:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:20 am

Congratulations Brian on a great result, I know you will do a great job as captain in Spain next year. :mrgreen:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Great result brian well done!!! Not an easy weekend as my body will testify I've pains where I didn't know I had places.!!!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:27 pm

eddie wrote:well i was at the peg draw and can say that it didnt go down well with a lot of the anglers no one could draw their own pegs it was done for them their name was called out then 3 committe members each picked a peg for the venues they said this was how it was done at the world championship it mignt be quicker than having every body queue up but some notice in advance wouldnt have went amiss as some anglers had came up early for the draw and had to pay around £40 for b&b when they could have turned up in the morning and got their peg numbers anyway

I feel it was the right way to go, hanging around waiting for your turn to draw for three hours in a crowded room is not my idea of fun. This way it is over in an hour no hassle. What is the difference between you picking your peg and someone else, I'm sure you've done quickpick on the Lotto at sometime. As for saving £40 on the B/B with the other system there was no need to be at the draw either your pegs could be picked for you. I say it's the way to go!! but then who am I to say!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:13 pm

congrats brian on the win and to all that fished the masters...

on the peg draw sounds like a good idea ok if everyone had been informed first sud have been no probs
sure how many time have we got a fellow club menber to draw a peg for use if running late.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Well done Brian and all those that got plates or made fish offs.

I have to agree with Paul, in that the new system for the draw was quicker and less hassle! I was last to be drawn in Connaught last year and I thought my head was going to fall off with the heat in the room and the time it took! This year I was first from last and I was out of the room in no time.

However, I can see the point of those who were'nt happy. A quick e-mail to club secretaries about how the new system was being introduced might have saved some folk travelling up for the draw and the ensuing row :roll:

Some guys also like being in charge of thier own fate, considering how peggy the venues are up here.

All in all though it was a well organised affair with the stewards doing a great job and not many or maybe even any blanks.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Well done Cookie.
Great job.

Well done to all that made the fish offs. See you in Feb.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Weldone Brian you'll be a great captain, congrats to all who took part and organised the weekend. Delighted for the Meath Louth duo too :-)

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:49 pm

Well done Brian great result also to the rest of the top ten congrats. This was a very well run masters it was well stewerded and a credit to the ulster council :D

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Full results here on the new updated IFSA web site: http://www.ifsa.ie/index.php/2012-10-01 ... atest-news

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Well done Brian and also well done to the organisers.
Enjoyed the fishing and I even learnt a bit more from the weekend.
Looking forward to the fish offs :D

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:03 pm

Thanks for all the comments and thanks to the Ulster Council , Recorder and all the stewards who did a super job over the weekend.

Special thanks to whoever drew my three pegs !

Look forward to seeing who makes the team in February; bound to be good considering the strength in the panel.

Brian.