Re: JIMMY SMITH , INTERPROVINCIAL SHORE , MAURICE DALTON 2012

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:59 am

Results anyone? Virtually no reports at all for this. All im hearing is that people left early as conditions were bad?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:28 am

All i heard was first and second overall for the comp, after that i dont know and the conditions were far from perfect up there!

1) Shane Gilvarry
2) Mick Mullane

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 pm

David O Sullivan, Tralee Bay 3rd.
Myself and David, Jp an Mick Mullane tied for the 2 man,
Munster retained the cup......

Thats all I know for sure

JIMMY SMITH , INTERPROVINCIAL SHORE , MAURICE DALTON 2012

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:24 pm

kstaff wrote:100+ anglers made the effort in terrible conditions, surely the host club can do a quick run down on the winners out of common courtesy to those who stuck it out.

Why the shroud of silence,conditions were appalling as anyone that was there has said, were there other options on the day? Was it possible to change venue or even cancel it?

You cant beat the weather so there should be no witch hunt either but for jaysus sake it's not like it was a CIA competition. 8)

After reading this post it will self destruct!!!

A point or two here. As this was a National Category “B” common courtesy is to first forward these results to the IFSA Chairman, Secretary, National Recorder and Provincial Secretary’s and then onto any public domain they wish to.

As for the “shroud of silence” I would expect that if any comment is to be made on the conditions or the reason to run or not to run the competition will be a collective decision from the organising committee.

It’s not a decision taken lightly to cancel a major competition when anglers are traveling from the 4 corners of the island. I know Aghada were in a somewhat similar situation 2 years ago when we were hit with a snow blizzard. With the help a few anglers and a few frantic phone calls we decided to go ahead as more than 90% of the anglers were going to make and all the Inter Pro teams were already in Youghal,

The one thing that should be added to an entry form should be column where the angler would put in a contact mobile number

The “Dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t” phrase will always be my line of defence :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:08 pm

kstaff wrote:My points incase they were missed were,

Who won

And

Where is the run down on the countries biggest comp?

The second and third posts on this page tell you who won. Donal is right, results have to be forwarded to certain people first.
Munster won the Inter-Pro, Connacht 2nd, Leinster 3rd and Ulster 4th. I think Curtis Connolly won the Junior.

As for a run down, read both threads, there is plenty of info there from guys who fished it. I'm sure the chairman of the committee will get a full run down of the results when he has the time - he along with the rest of the committee worked bloody hard to make this event a success, he has a family and job to go back to after the comp, and he mightn't have the time straight away to write a report for your benefit...

There were 4 backup venues planned, but at least 2 of these would have been just as bad in that swell and wind direction as Enniscrone was. Enniscrone was fished several times in the last 2 months, at least once with a similar swell, and it threw up plenty of fish then. An angler who fished the beach the night before the comp reported it was fishable, and he caught fish. There was very little weed on the beach when it was inspected at low tide that morning. At that stage the surge wasn't too bad, so the decision was made to go ahead. Hope that's ok with you... :wink:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Have to agree with some of the coments, and of all the hard work put in by the clubs and organisers .But its a huge expence for all anglers who compete in major comps like this one [and others] and a run down of the results should be a priority for the anglers. After all, this is the web site it has used to advertise this event. Any club should not have to depend or rely on someone else [or federation] to put up resuls.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:12 pm

I had the full results of the Masters up on Facebook an hour after the winners were announced! Its the first i've heard that results need to go to Federation first and its like a full report needs written, just take a photo of the results page and upload. I understand conditions were tough and I'm sure the organisers done everything in their power to put on a great event but you can't control the weather or sea conditions. Things can change in a short space of time!!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Cheers Bradan,

so the most important thing to do now is say

weldone to Shane on winning the Jimmy Smith 2012.

also to

Munster won the Inter-Pro, Connacht 2nd, Leinster 3rd and Ulster 4th.
Huge weldone to Curtis too!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:35 pm

There was a presentation after the event with approximately 50 anglers, maybe even more in attendance

the results were clear to those in attendance

our apologies for not having them up here asap, but the presentation ended very late that night and then travelling the next day and work commitments means there will be a delay

our province is having our AGM tonight and that in itself is taking up our time as a priority

I dont really feel I am obliged to explain myself to you - but if you let me know your name and IFSA number I will give you your result kstaff

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 am

While we're having a go I wish to complain a very serious grievance I had at the Jimmy Smith this year!!

The answer to my question was totally and utterly unacceptable....

I asked the barman for a pint, and he had the audacity to tell me ' its 630am Sir...... please go to bed and bring the rest with you'

The sing-song hadn't even started yet!!

Chris :roll:

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:47 pm

sully wrote:While we're having a go I wish to complain a very serious grievance I had at the Jimmy Smith this year!!

I asked the barman for a pint, and he had the audacity to tell me ' its 630am Sir...... please go to bed and bring the rest with you'

ill start you off SHOW ME THE WAY TO GO HOME :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Any idea roughly when the full results ie zone breakdowns etc ? will be available

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:28 pm

well done to all for organising this comp . lots of hard work involved not only on the day but for weeks leading up to this . dont remember seeing any of the organisers holding a gun to any angler to stay on the beach for the full duration of the comp . pity it got up so bad but its not the first time and it wont be the last . thats fishin . how did you get on keith . any fish . :lol:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:24 am

scratcher wrote:well done to all for organising this comp . lots of hard work involved not only on the day but for weeks leading up to this . dont remember seeing any of the organisers holding a gun to any angler to stay on the beach for the full duration of the comp . pity it got up so bad but its not the first time and it wont be the last . thats fishin . how did you get on keith . any fish . :lol:

Just the one Joe but a few 2's and and 3's around me shame about the weather alright.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:20 am

glad you got the experience of fishin a west of ireland surf beach,,,,,

keith wrote:
scratcher wrote:well done to all for organising this comp . lots of hard work involved not only on the day but for weeks leading up to this . dont remember seeing any of the organisers holding a gun to any angler to stay on the beach for the full duration of the comp . pity it got up so bad but its not the first time and it wont be the last . thats fishin . how did you get on keith . any fish . :lol:

Just the one Joe but a few 2's and and 3's around me shame about the weather alright.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 am

Any proper results up yet?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:04 pm

knightser wrote:
sully wrote:While we're having a go I wish to complain a very serious grievance I had at the Jimmy Smith this year!!

yea

yea but you have to be shown 10 bledin times

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:55 pm

ken forsyth wrote:
knightser wrote:

yea

yea but you have to be shown 10 bledin times

POT ,KETTLE, BLACK :lol:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Finally, with many apologies
here are the detailed results attached

well done again to
GOLD SHANE GILVARRY NEWPORT SAC
SILVER MICK MILLANE CLOYNE SAC
BRONZE DAVID O SULLIVAN TRALEE BAY SAC

JUNIORS
GOLD CURTIS CONNLLY TRAMORE/WATERFORD SAC
SILVER JORDAN MUIR BASS SAC
BRONZE LUKE M O ULLIVAN TRALEE SAC

MUNSTER ZONE POINTS CONNAUGHT ZONE POINTS
ALAN MULLCAHY 28 PADRAIC McKENNA 20
ALAN O DOWLING 21 CHRIS FEENEY 18
CLIFF GALLOGLEY 24 BRIAN REIDY 23
JP MOLLOY 27 ED KILROY 18
RICHIE DALTON 13 PETE ATKINS 27
TOTAL 113 TOTAL 106

LEINSTER ZONE POINTS ULSTER ZONE POINTS
BILLY GAYNOR 21 SAMMY STIRLING 19
GREG BOYNE 19 RAYMOND McCANN 26
JOHN BERMINGHAM 7.5 NOEL KINNER 7.5
JOHN WATCHHORN 7.5 HARRY McKEE 21
KIERAN RICE 21 BRIAN BERGIN 22
TOTAL 76 TOTAL 95.5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:03 pm

just incase you cant download the above document

http://ifsa.ie/index.php/2012-10-01-19- ... on-results