Wexford Sac Open Kaats Strand

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:09 am

wexford harbour.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Wexford Sac Open Kaats Strand

Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:50 am

Is it a pairs event only

Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:51 am

Greenthumb wrote:Is it a pairs event only

No

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:28 pm

any word on how this went

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:11 pm

I believe anglers got prizes for places in thier zones. Who won overall and how were the penn points divided out?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:53 pm

fisherman59 wrote:any word on how this went

Would also like to hear how this comp went. I've fished there recently and on more than one occasion i've blanked, would really like to know if anything was caught and if so what species... i'm guessing flounder is all if anything was landed.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am

Zone A
1st Harry McKee 12 fish 340 points
2nd James Gordon 7 fish 235 points
3rd JP Molloy 7 fish 175 points

Zone B
1st Paddy Barnwell 7 fish 231 points
2nd Martin Howlin 8 fish 230 points
3rd David Roche 3 fish 101 points

Zone C
1st Jimmy Doyle 8 fish 232 points
2nd Eddie maher 5 fish 164 points
3rd Jane Cantwell 4 fish 142 points

Longest fish Paddy Barnwell 39cm Flounder.

Juniors
14 years and over
1st James Brennan 5 fish 127 points
2nd Conor Walsh 3 fish 120 points
3rd Darren O toole 3 fish 77 points

Under 14 years
1st Arron Roche 3 fish 91 points
2nd Emmet Kehoe 2 fish 63 points
3rd Sean Brennan 1 fish 29 points

A total of 42 anglers fished and 153 fish were caught, Flounders and Eels.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 am

fishfeatures wrote:

Would also like to hear how this comp went. I've fished there recently and on more than one occasion i've blanked, would really like to know if anything was caught and if so what species... i'm guessing flounder is all if anything was landed.

Just a suggestion but you should consider joining one of the Wexford angling clubs, you would be able to talk to anglers who have many years of experience on these venues and they will fill you in on things like rigs,baits,tactics,stage of tide and many more things that can turn a potential blank into a successfully session.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:16 pm

fishfinder wrote:
fishfeatures wrote:

Just a suggestion but you should consider joining one of the Wexford angling clubs, you would be able to talk to anglers who have many years of experience on these venues and they will fill you in on things like rigs,baits,tactics,stage of tide and many more things that can turn a potential blank into a successfully session.

thanks for the update, in regards to joining a club , point taken and will probably contact one of them over the next few weeks.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:16 pm

fishfinder wrote:
fishfeatures wrote:

thanks for the update, in regards to joining a club , point taken and will probably contact one of them over the next few weeks.