Lough Foyle SAC Shore Angling Festival 2012

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm very pleased to announce the dates for our 2012 Shore Angling Festival. Full details of the Festival will be announced very soon. I would like to thank Dennet Angling, Irish Angler, Rod & Line, The Loughs Agency and Toms Tackle for their continued support and also welcome 2 new sponsors for this years event, Nationwide Baits and Belfast Angling Centre. We wouldn't be able to put on such an event without the support of these organisations. To register your interest please contact me through here or my email ronanmcmonagle@hotmail.com or alternatively contact me on my mobile 07872943023. Penn Points are also available on both days.

Re: Lough Foyle SAC Shore Angling Festival 2012

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:02 pm

This is one of the best 2 day events on the 2012 calendar, cracking venues with good numbers of quality fish looking forward to it already :D .

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Lough Foyle SAC will also be hosting the UPC's first anchored boat comp from Greencastle Harbour on Sunday 24th June.
To book your place contact myself (Paddy Breslin) on 00447779267049
Further details will be posted later.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Ok folks here are the full details for this years festival. Can't believe the interest we have had already for this. A lot of interest from across the water to! I want make this festival one of the biggest on the angling calender so hopefully some of you make the trip for this. We especially welcome juniors to this event and there will be some brilliant prizes for them. Also big cash and tackle prizes for seniors which will be confirmed at a later date. Also for visiting anglers accommodation can be arrange so don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. Thanks. Ronan

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:23 pm

This is the best competition in the calendar for us Ulster anglers. The venue is very even (except Ronans peg!) and there is no moving of your gear when you are in the middle of the comp. as the tide only goes out a short distance.On a big blow there is only a chop in the water but most times it is flat calm with very comfortable fishing. Competitions are typically won with anything between 15-30 flats of good average size. If you are going to fish a two day comp you will not beat this one, and there is a couple of decent B@B's and a hotel in Eglington village.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Floater wrote:This is the best competition in the calendar for us Ulster anglers. The venue is very even (except Ronans peg!) and there is no moving of your gear when you are in the middle of the comp. as the tide only goes out a short distance.On a big blow there is only a chop in the water but most times it is flat calm with very comfortable fishing. Competitions are typically won with anything between 15-30 flats of good average size. If you are going to fish a two day comp you will not beat this one, and there is a couple of decent B@B's and a hotel in Eglington village.

This comp is one of the best in the country, looking forward to it already.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Beelo wrote:
Floater wrote:This is the best competition in the calendar for us Ulster anglers. The venue is very even (except Ronans peg!) and there is no moving of your gear when you are in the middle of the comp. as the tide only goes out a short distance.On a big blow there is only a chop in the water but most times it is flat calm with very comfortable fishing. Competitions are typically won with anything between 15-30 flats of good average size. If you are going to fish a two day comp you will not beat this one, and there is a couple of decent B@B's and a hotel in Eglington village.

This comp is one of the best in the country, looking forward to it already.

Ditto.....Savage Comp.. Cant Wait ....

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:56 pm

We have around 30/35 entries for this so far and still 6 months to go! Going to be a cracking weekend! 8) Anybody that's thinking on coming to this and wants cheap accommodation close to the venues would need to look at booking soon. Contact me for details. Thanks. Ronan

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:45 am

what species would b caught will it be mostly flatties

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Flounder and Eel mostly! Easily 2 of the best Flounder fishing venues in Ireland!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Here's a list of Hotels and B&B's if anybody needs somewhere to stay for the weekend. Shop around or try and book online as there is always good deals! Contact myself if you need any more information on where to stay. Thanks

Ramada Da Vinci Hotel - 02871279111 (JUST OUTSIDE CITY CENTRE)
http://www.davincishotel.com/

Travelodge Derry - 0870 1 911 733 (CITY CENTRE)
http://www.travelodge.ie/derry-hotel

The Tower Hotel - 028 7137 1000 (CITY CENTRE)
http://www.towerhotelderry.com/contact.html

The Belfray Country Inn - 028 7130 1480 (RURAL)
http://thebelfraycountryinn.co.uk/

Best Western White Horse Hotel - 028 7186 0606 (Beside fishing venues)
http://thebelfraycountryinn.co.uk/

The Drummond Hotel - 028 777 22121 (Beside Fishing Venues)
http://www.drummondhotel.com/

Visit the Northern Ireland Tourist Board website for a list of B&B'S
http://www.nitb.com/

The cheapest and the closest B&B to the venues is The Banks of the Faughan Motel(5 mins from the second venue)
028 7186 0242
http://www.banksofthefaughanmotel.co.uk/#!home|mainPage

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Get your entries in if you haven't yet done so. Still some places left. Can't wait for this now. 8)

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Still some places left for this years festival! Longfields is fishing brilliant at the minute but we haven't had a chance to get to the Roe yet. I will be fishing it in the coming weeks and will let you all know how its fishing. This is the winning score card from last Sundays Master Angler comp on Longfields. Brilliant fishing! Plenty of small fish but the bigger boys should start moving in towards festival time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 am

Weldone to Dave Roe on winning this comp over the 2 days!

Sure fishing in a place named after you helps too!!!! :D :D

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Lick!!!! :lol:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm sure Ronan will give us the break down heard it was a great weekend!

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:29 pm

It was a cracking weekend! Full scores for the weekend will be post when I get home tonight.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 am

Here's the full results for this years festival. Once again i would like to thank everyone that supported us this year with regards to prizes. Only downfall this year again was people putting their name in for the festival and not showing up on the weekend which i can't understand but thanks to everyone that did come. Onwards and upwards from here!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:59 am

Junior Winners..........................

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 am

Senior & 2 Man Team............