Re: Master Angler Winner 2011

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:22 am

well done martin and all who made the top ten.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:38 am

well done and congrats to martin and all the other qualifiers.

i would also like to say well done to the ifsa (mr john martin i think) for publishing the full list of results so soon after the event. we anglers put great importance in this kind of information and appreciate getting it in good time.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:04 pm

donal domeney wrote:Well done to the organisers for making the plan work. :D :D :D

A bit of driving to be done but when you are put on fish you have nothing to complain about.
The GPS numbers were spot on and took the stress out of the drive to each venue

1 edit :oops: :oops: well done to Martin an excellent return of fish not much time to breath in between casts

Cheers Donal, I did the maps and I thought the GPS numbers might be helpful...good to know they were right!

I helped steward this event and was well impressed by Boris and the rest of the Mullaghmore lads, ably helped by Pete Atkins, they really picked venues that were producing fish. The number of comments I got from anglers I was stewarding about how well run it was, and about the quality of fishing was a great testament to their hard work. Pity about the weather on Sunday morning but at least the fish kept feeding...
Well done to all the anglers who competed, and especially to the winner and those who made the fish-offs!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Big well done to the organising committee. Brave move with the dispersed venues, but you couldn’t complain with the number & quality of the fish caught.

Great to see Martin winning after a few near misses, brilliant performances by John & Harry aswell.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:13 pm

alby wrote:Big well done to the organising committee. Brave move with the dispersed venues, but you couldn’t complain with the number & quality of the fish caught.

Great to see Martin winning after a few near misses, brilliant performances by John & Harry aswell.

WELL DONE MARTIN can imagen how much preperation you put in :wink:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Would like to wish Martin all the best for 2012 well done great fishing.

You can find a report on the masters for the first session here http://www.ullcatch.com/master-angler-mullaghmore-2011/ the rest to follow, if anyone wants to read up on how the weekend passed by.

Great job done by the host club, a well run masters.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:24 pm

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and congratulations.

This was my 8th time to compete in the Master angler Shore Championships and with 4 top 10 finishes i was beginning to feel that my day would never come.
Its certainly a great feeling to be the last name called out and to walk up and lift the Master angler trophy.

I would like to congratulate the Connaught Council, the Shore Committee and Mullaghmore Sac for making a big effort to put us onto beaches that produced good numbers of quality fish.

Well done to all the anglers who qualified for the fish offs and judging by the numbers of fish at the weekend its going to be a great competition.

A word of encouragement to all the anglers that did not do so well at the weekend, the first Masters i ever fished i blanked all 3 sessions, so don't give up.

Martin.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:46 pm

On behalf of the organizing committee, I'd like to congratulate Martin on his win and all the anglers who finished in the top ten. I was steward for Martin, Sean Ivory and John O Brien in the last session and to watch 3 of the top anglers in the country slug it out for 4 hours was a pleasure, even in the pissing rain! Also I'd like to thank all the people from outside of Connaught who helped out with the stewarding, Anna Platt and Kevin Daly and a very big thanks to Tommy Fogarty, Joe Duggan and Joe Byrne whose help over the whole weekend was a huge factor in the success of this competition. Hopefully anglers enjoyed their weekend and travelled home with a different opinion of Mullaghmore and Connaughts ability to host large competitions in the future. Thanks again. Pete A.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:41 pm

well done martin,well deserved and over due.
aslo well done to the stewards who came from all over the country to help us anglers out.well run weekend!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 am

Savage show Martin. Well Done.

Enjoy the year and enjoy captaining Ireland in Holland you will have year you wont forget :D

Well done to all that made the Fish Offs especially "rookie" John diamond. (I am so proud) :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 pm

well done martin well deserved, also well done to the mullaghmore club and the steawards on a very well run event.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 pm

fishfinder wrote:I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and congratulations.

I would like to congratulate the Connaught Council, the Shore Committee and Mullaghmore Sac for making a big effort to put us onto beaches that produced good numbers of quality fish.

Well done to all the anglers who qualified for the fish offs and judging by the numbers of fish at the weekend its going to be a great competition.

A word of encouragement to all the anglers that did not do so well at the weekend, the first Masters i ever fished i blanked all 3 sessions, so don't give up.

Martin.

an intelligent and gracious response,such qualities will reflect well on the Irish team...one or two others could learn from this. :shock: