The short list of venues for master shore 2011

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:45 pm

4 weeks to go and like many others i would like to have an idea as to what the short list of venues for this is , any info much appreciated :D :D

Re: what is short list venues for master shore 2011

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 am

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35095

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:07 am

Or directly.. from
http://www.connaughtseaanglers.com/MAST ... VENUES.doc

MASTER ANGLER 2011 POSSIBLE VENUES/ZONES

1. ENNISCRONE 2500YDS

2. TRAWEE 1000YDS.

3. DUNMORAN 1000 YDS.

4. RAGHLEY BEACH 1800YDS.

5. STREEDAGH 2250YDS.

6. BACK BEACH MULLAGHMORE 1500YDS.

7. MULLAGHMORE BEACH 1750YDS

8. TULLAGHMORE STRAND 2000YDS.

9. ROSSNOWLOUGH 2000YDS.

10. ROSSES POINT 1000YDS.

11. ROSSES POINT 1200YDS.

12.STRAND HILL 1500YDS.

13. BALLISODARE

14. LISSADELL

15. SLIGO ESTUARY

SAT. 8TH. LOW TIDE 10.30AM 1.6M HIGH TIDE 16.50PM 4.3M

SUN 9TH. LOW TIDE 11.10AM 1.3M HIGH TIDE 17.20PM 4.6M

WEATHER PERMITTING, PLUS FISH RETURNS IN THE INTERIM AND TIDES.
ANY QUERIES TO JOHN MARTIN OR THE WEB SITE.:
John Martin IFSA Recorder/Editor, 65 Arbour Heights,
Waterpark, Carrigaline, Co. Cork
Tel/Fax: 021-4371956 Mobile: 087-2028381
E-Mail: ejohnmartin@gmail.com

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:18 pm

thanks corbyeire and jd 8) 8)

Re: The short list of venues for master shore 2011

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi there, i see that one of the possible venues is the sligo estuary. If this venue is selected every angler will require crab. So the question is, do i bring a load of crab or not? Would be handy to know asap what venues we are on.

cheers

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:00 pm

snakewhite wrote:Hi there, i see that one of the possible venues is the sligo estuary. If this venue is selected every angler will require crab. So the question is, do i bring a load of crab or not? Would be handy to know asap what venues we are on.

cheers

From what I posted...
ANY QUERIES TO JOHN MARTIN OR THE WEB SITE (http://www.connaughtseaanglers.com/)
John Martin IFSA Recorder/Editor, 65 Arbour Heights,
Waterpark, Carrigaline, Co. Cork
Tel/Fax: 021-4371956 Mobile: 087-2028381
E-Mail: ejohnmartin@gmail.com

Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:50 am

We are asking for help with the stewards for the Master Angler, it's on the 7th and 8th October. We don't expect you to be there for the full weekend but we are short stewards for the two Saturday sessions. Any one who helps will have a meal paid for them by the IFSA on each day. Please if you can help us out reply to this post or else give me a buzz on 087 9538750. thanks in advance, Pete A.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:23 pm

Its geting very close to the time now and the lack of a proper list of venues is getting me a little worried, if i was to take all the bait for these venues it would cost me a fortune. I know they want to put us on fish but thats no help to the rest of us if the local guys are the only ones who know exacly where were fishing before hand. Ive never fished a comp like this before not even knowing where im going to be fishing before i leave home, how do you prepare for a competition like that?

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 am

john ozz wrote:Its geting very close to the time now and the lack of a proper list of venues is getting me a little worried, if i was to take all the bait for these venues it would cost me a fortune. I know they want to put us on fish but thats no help to the rest of us if the local guys are the only ones who know exacly where were fishing before hand. Ive never fished a comp like this before not even knowing where im going to be fishing before i leave home, how do you prepare for a competition like that?

Chill the beans bud - lug, blacks, maddies, rag & mackeral will do ye for the beaches. A couple of dozen crab for Sligo Estuary or Ballisodare.

Enjoy it - they've put together a great collection of venues!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm not sure what the problem with bait is. For numbers 1-12 i would have the exact same bait with me and for the other 3 it would just mean more crab. I have nothing to do with organising it but im reasonably familiar with the beaches and they're all fairly similar with varying degrees of exposure to the weather. These beaches are very similar to most west coast beaches. Just with certain conditions some fish better than others and with the weather being crap, it would be very hard to predict which beaches will be fishing best. I couldn't see any surprises in what will be caught.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Beelo wrote:I'm not sure what the problem with bait is. For numbers 1-12 i would have the exact same bait with me and for the other 3 it would just mean more crab. I have nothing to do with organising it but im reasonably familiar with the beaches and they're all fairly similar with varying degrees of exposure to the weather. These beaches are very similar to most west coast beaches. Just with certain conditions some fish better than others and with the weather being crap, it would be very hard to predict which beaches will be fishing best. I couldn't see any surprises in what will be caught.

You tell'em Belo

Just bring sausages!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:35 pm

Rampent Wreckfish wrote:
Beelo wrote:Just bring sausages!

So you can hide them?

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:48 pm

you would like that wouldn't you!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Yes

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:10 pm

sorry if i sounded as if was having a dig at eney one its just I'm having trouble finding info on most of the Venus . i know its not easy to arrange thes things but white such a big list of Venus and so little info out their its not easy to proper. this is my 2nd master angler and i made a mess of the first one because i was sow badly proper and i don't wont that to happen again

sorry again if it sounded as if i was having a go it was not meant that way

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:55 pm

I understand where you're coming from john. If its of any benefit I hope to be bringing enough lug maddies and mac for 2 and a half day sessions. Enough sandeel and mac for a full night session and if you can get your hands on 20 to 25 crab just in case you wont go too far wrong. You can always freeze the peelers down if you dont use em.

Most masters that I've fished you dont find out the venues until the check-in the night before so even getting a short list is a bonus.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:18 pm

Beelo wrote:I'm not sure what the problem with bait is. For numbers 1-12 i would have the exact same bait with me and for the other 3 it would just mean more crab. I have nothing to do with organising it but :arrow: im reasonably familiar with the beaches and they're all fairly similar with varying degrees of exposure to the weather. These beaches are very similar to most west coast beaches. Just with certain conditions some fish better than others and with the weather being crap, it would be very hard to predict which beaches will be fishing best. I couldn't see any surprises in what will be caught.

that was my point if you are from the area its ok but for the rest of us they are just names as there is very little info on them

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Seaniebo wrote:I understand where you're coming from john. If its of any benefit I hope to be bringing enough lug maddies and mac for 2 and a half day sessions. Enough sandeel and mac for a full night session and if you can get your hands on 20 to 25 crab just in case you wont go too far wrong. You can always freeze the peelers down if you dont use em.

Most masters that I've fished you dont find out the venues until the check-in the night before so even getting a short list is a bonus.

thanks for that is a grate helpe

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:16 am

john ozz wrote:Its geting very close to the time now and the lack of a proper list of venues is getting me a little worried, if i was to take all the bait for these venues it would cost me a fortune. I know they want to put us on fish but thats no help to the rest of us if the local guys are the only ones who know exacly where were fishing before hand. Ive never fished a comp like this before not even knowing where im going to be fishing before i leave home, how do you prepare for a competition like that?

If you had to ask for advice i would have happily give it but you complained about lack of set venues and by the sounds of it you dont know any of them. Nobody local or else knows the venues yet as they are not decided yet (well thats as far as im aware as i only live in the area and have nothing to do with the host club).

On a positve note i fished Mullaghmore (caught 3 flounder on crab and wraps/mac) it was fairly quiet. Also fished Streedagh (caught 3 turbot on lug/mac) in the West coast shore league you will find the results of what 30 anglers caught on Galway Bay SAC website.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:42 pm

ok fair point may be i could have worded that a bit better i definitely don't believe that anyone is being given an unfair advantage its just there's so little info its hard enough looking for 3 venues let alone that many . No i don't know any of the venues and i have been getting a little stressed trying to find out, but the closer we get to the time I'm sure i will relax and i am really looking forward to the weekend session. Thank you for the info above it is greatly appreciated.