JOINING A CLUB??????

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:43 am

well im interested in joining a club my buddys are in and i would like to get a taste of the comps and what they are like????
is it possible to enter a comp as a non member for a taste of the action????????????

Re: JOINING A CLUB??????

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 am

I don't think you can actually enter the comp but that doesn't mean youy can't fish a venue where a comp is being held. There shouldn't be a problem with you turning up and fishing either before the first or after the last peg, you could still follow the comp rules but wouldn't be eligable for prize money or master angler points.
Get one of your friends to contact somebody in the club to ask them about it.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:20 am

Keep an eye out for Open competitions. Most clubs run at least one large open each year and they are (funnily enough!) open to all anglers. Join IFSA and you'll get entries to these cheaper too in some cases and collect master angler points. Check out local tackle shops too, most clubs will advertise in their locals.

red wrote:I don't think you can actually enter the comp but that doesn't mean youy can't fish a venue where a comp is being held. There shouldn't be a problem with you turning up and fishing either before the first or after the last peg, you could still follow the comp rules but wouldn't be eligable for prize money or master angler points.
Get one of your friends to contact somebody in the club to ask them about it.

This is a good idea but if you are fishing the beech before the club arrives to peg it, I believe they have to peg around you if you dont intend to enter the competition, if I remember correctly that is?

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:05 am

thanks lads!!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:41 pm

where abouts are ya based

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:56 pm

im city based but east cork is my home from home!!!!!!! we are in a caravan park and 2 of the buddys are already in a club and fished the last comp in youghal from the slob bank!!!!!!!! if you wer at it????????