Re: irish open shore league leg 6, inch beach 1-5-11

Tue May 03, 2011 11:10 pm

:lol: he just wanted to be further away from me :roll: cause he was next to me at all the comps :lol: :lol:

Tue May 03, 2011 11:31 pm

we're going to have to start putting ye on separate beaches, or counties or time zones or something lads :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 3:49 am

big congrats to martin on the overall ,he fished very well over all six legs
also congrats to rory ganley on the junior over all win good to see the juniors on the beach catching plenty of fish

The league has been very successful on its first year hopefully it will grow year after year .
If anglers are looking for good quality fish and plenty of them the fish count speaks for itself (2009 fish caught) between 222 anglers, with 13 species, over 6 legs is fantastic fishing
bass to 67cm, cod to 55cm, ray to 73cm, flounder to 44cm, dabs to 31cm etc

congrats to all clubs involved for very well run legs and also to cliff for all the hard work he put into the league table and getting all the results posted on the net next day.
looking forward to next year

Wed May 04, 2011 7:37 am

well done to martin howlin and rory ganley great fishing over the six legs.the fishing in the league was super as century pointed out with some excellent catches also blanks were very far and few between.personelly i enjoyed the league immensly with competitive comps /good fishing/good crack as there was a great atmosphere at the comps throughout the league between the anglers roll on the next one :D

Wed May 04, 2011 6:27 pm

from looking at the table you would nearly think it was an inter county league between cork and wexford :shock:

Wed May 04, 2011 7:33 pm

6 out of the top 10 from wexford. :D
well run league lads . cant wait for the next league.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:26 pm

I would like to say a big well done to Ruairi Ganley on wining the junior section of the league, Ruairi told me that he learned lots from watching and talking to the senior anglers over the course of the league so I'm sure he will be giving us a good run for our money next year.
I would encourage any junior angler that want to improve their match fishing skills to fish the league next year, and pick up as much information as you can from some of the top match anglers in the country.
Don't be afraid to have a good look in Alan Mulcahy's tackle box and see what you can find :D.
Big thanks to all involved in getting this league up and running,The venues were well thought out and the fishing was very good.
There was great crack and banter before and after each competition,but on the beach the anglers fished hard and it was very competitive.
I think that with a little tweaking this event is going to get better and better.
It was fantastic to see so many Wexford anglers supporting the league and with 6 in the top 10, it just goes to prove there is more to wexford anglers than east coast scratching.

Tue May 10, 2011 6:40 pm

My friend Martin is a superstar :!: :!: :lol: :lol: