Venue for Master Angler Shore 2011

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:19 pm

HI
Can anyone possibly tell me where the Masters are being fished this year and when if possible???

Go raibh mile maith agaibh.
Bren.

Re: Venue for Master Angler Shore 2011

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 pm

8-9 October and its in Connaught. I am sure the actual venues wont be decided for a good few months.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:03 am

mullaghmore is venue hope its better fishing than last time :x :x :x

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Mullaghmore SAC are the hosting club

mullaghmore itself is not THE venue alone

it may be a venue for a zone or two over the course of one of the 3 legs of the competition

as this is to be the first year under the new regulations where each club can have 1 representative for every 10 members there is the potential for 200 anglers engaging in this competition

this in itself is a major challenge - the connaught council, the shore committee and mullaghmore sac are working closely to ensure the competition is a success - so fisherman59 we hope to have fish for you this time!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:06 am

WOW!!!! That`s a lot of anglers.
Is the fishing that scratchy from the shore in that neck of the woods?
I`ve fished boats there a couple of times on "KIWI GIRL" not great mind you the skipper did try, Kilmore and further south (too many in Cork to list) fish a lot better consistantly.

Thanks for the info Lads much appreciated
Bren

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:47 am

thanks corbyeire best of luck to organisers hope the trip is worthwile results speak for themselves

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:39 pm

the fishing can be outstanding and the fishing can be muck - we will be scouting around the place to see where is hot closer to the time

the bigger worry i would have is that a solid north westerly comes in - then we really could have interesting times

keep your fingers crossed!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:21 am

does any one know of any web site to book hoilday homes in the area for that weekend?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:40 am

barry murphy wrote:does any one know of any web site to book hoilday homes in the area for that weekend?

If you get in touch with Boris Siegel secretary of Mullaghmore SAC the organising club, he'll be able to advise on accommodation. His number is in the 2011 Diary

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Nothing you can do about the weather lads and it will be understandable if fishing suffers if poor conditions prevail, it wont be for the want of effort on you lads part anyhow. Brenfitz, Donegal bay can fish really well if you get the right conditions and the right skipper. Try Michael McGettigan, Huntress Blue from Killybegs if you get a chance, top bloke.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:34 pm

Was there a supplier for the bait found yet??? I believe there was some difficulties.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:51 pm

corbyeire wrote:as this is to be the first year under the new regulations where each club can have 1 representative for every 10 members there is the potential for 200 anglers engaging in this competition

Just a quick one, does this new rule also apply to the boats as well????

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Yes, for every ten anglers you have registered with the IFSA you get an entry into the MA Shore and Boat.
Thats my understanding of it.......

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Cool! I might just get a look in for next year,provided I get out to do a bit of fishing

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:32 pm

paul mason wrote:Was there a supplier for the bait found yet??? I believe there was some difficulties.

I have heard that the notion of the masters shore being bait supplied this year is not going to happen.
The organisers have had problems sourcing supply for bait, so have definitely knocked it on the head.

So Paul Mason was right, but I think it is something to be strongly considered for next year.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Irrespective of rumors,hearsay or other issues etc. etc. the competition will not be bait supplied this year??

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:41 am

FWIW Until each angler has received their information pack from the IFSA confirming the rules & regulations under which the Master Angler competition is to be fished... Then the issues raised above are unconfirmed.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:15 am

think this was passed at ifsa meeting that it be put off till next year :D and by then we will have voted it back to the old way of bring your own bait :D .

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:26 am

I think it has now been confirmed see here:
http://www.ifsaleinster.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=1&t=103