Re: 1st Leg Munster Closed Shore.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Majority of people fishing the Munsters as with any other comps are not primarily fishing for prizes. It may be all about the pot for a minority but its not the case for the majority of anglers.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:36 pm

i too agree with the above posts from petekd century rocketman regarding pre entry and costs and once again a all too common theme has emerged one of discontent amongst anglers there was a heated debate at this years munster agm with several anglers showing their concern with the above issues and also regarding scoring system a shore committee was formed maybe it is time for the munster council to get in touch with the shore committee and once and for all put the blatant flaws and mistakes behind us and progress . i would like to applaud the bass club who are hosting the second leg for the way they are running their pre entry wll done to them. i would like to thank tralee bay for a well run comp hope to see them taking future munster comps

regards paudie o driscoll

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:28 pm

If you want to go out of business ,raise your prices's,and close your doors !
Cop on lads!
no reflection on Tralee bay S.A.C, who by all accounts are a forward thinking ,progressive club.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Contact your secretaries, get them to submit a notice of motion for the Munster agm with regard to entry fees, points and rules.
Prizes and the date by which an entry should be submitted should be left to the organizing clubs.
The only rule i could ever find about prizes was General competition regulations, shore competitions section .33 - prizes to the value of at least 2/3 of total entry fees shall be presented at each competition.

Also maybe someone could open a topic with regard to the Munster closed legs, get all the suggestions in, run a poll with the suggestions after a couple of weeks and then submit the results in the form of notices of motion for the agm.

On another matter
Paudie - i will need your entry at least 10 days beforehand, just yours :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Lads dont shoot the messenger,but all the shore commitee were contacted by phone or email, some never even acknowledged the contact by replying ... I was asked lately on the slob to enquire as to what was the situation and why no meeting was held,but you cant have a meeting if people dont reply to you trying to contact them!!!!!!...On a seperate note i too think and agree 100% that Munsters are too expensive...Just to add,to be fair to atleast one shore commitee member who hasnt an email was contacted by phone, if only lately.and atleast, and fair play to him voiced his opinions and concerns regarding what needs fixing and making better this competition of ours....Remember its never too late to fix things ...so if the other members of the Shore Commitee, and indeed the chairman might by chance read this ,then guys pick up the phone ,Dont wait for someone to ring you ,Ring them!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:30 pm

I wasn't contacted by post, email or by phone.

So i would now like to know who is on the shore committee.

Who decided the entry fee and rules.

And if any of the shore committee are on this site - could you forward the scorecard that is being used, because we may need it for the 2nd leg.

And i would also like to know who is responsible for contacting the shore committee.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:07 am

on bringing these issues to the agm there is no need it was decided at last years agm , that shore commette would sort out the issues and submit them to the council so they would be changed for this year.
the shore commette was a great idea and i dont know why or whos falt it is it didnt go ahead but for this year with one leg over i think it be unfair to change the rules but the price issue could sorted. and maybe earlier next year the the shore commette should meet in jan and set out rules for 2012.
was it that the first leg was in jan very early in the year that the shore commette not get a chance to meet?
fair play on the lads in kerry taking a leg and i hope they do in the future too also maybe now a clare club might take a leg too spreed it out be great.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Is there any results up yet? well done to all

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Tom Maher wrote:I wasn't contacted by post, email or by phone.

So i would now like to know who is on the shore committee.

Who decided the entry fee and rules.

And if any of the shore committee are on this site - could you forward the scorecard that is being used, because we may need it for the 2nd leg.

And i would also like to know who is responsible for contacting the shore committee.

Did you go to the AGM

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:12 am

Someone from the club did attend the agm.

I haven't received the minutes yet, even though several months have passed since the agm.

If you attended the agm could you pass on any information relevant to the munster closed - or any significant changes that were made.

Also if you know who is responsible for not passing this information onto one of the host clubs - that would be handy too.

As my address, email and phone numbers have been in the diary for years and i have not been contacted, i find it puzzling that no information has been forwarded.

I want to know who has decided the rules for the munster closed and if the rules will be the same for each leg.

And i now want to know if the fact that i personally didn't attend the agm is the reason none of this information has been passed onto me.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:15 am

good man tom :D