Re: Ireland win World Shore Championships in South Africa!

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:36 pm

great pictures, looks like the top of killiney hill on a good summers day :lol: :lol:

well done again men 8)

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:42 am

Great photo's..Weird not seeing Mark in Chords though his arty allure is gone :lol:

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:28 am

Crackin photos iv been on that table mountain before the baboons up there are like little Hitlers robbing food and harassing people :shock:

Well done again 8)

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Well done lads 8) 8)

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:35 pm

I arrived back from South Africa yesterday. Some photographs from the practice days, the competitions and Team Ireland with the medals are shown below.

Brendan Wall
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Photos from South Africa.

Brendan Wall
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:07 pm

well done lads you did us well

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:17 pm

More photos from South Africa showing some fish caught during practice and in the competition.

Brendan Wall

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Cork Airport 17/11/10

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:44 pm

class pictures - excellent angling lads

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Class photos' JimC,
and fair play to everyone who made it to Cork airport 8)

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:38 pm

well done on the pics jim....the men arrived at cork airport @ 11.30 to a rapturous welcome from the assembled crowd...hardly a dry eye in the arrivals hall. :)....not surprisingly they looked tanned,delighted,a little thinner... :wink: and very proud of their wonderful achievement.every angler in the country can bask a little in their sunshine......welcome home men. :D

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Well done fellas, hope you all get the recognition for your hard work....

Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi All

I would just like to thank you all on behalf of the team and myself for all your support, best wishes and congratulations, both before we went away and on our return as " World Champions" :D

For all of you that turned up to our fundraisers and those of you that were at the airport yesterday I give you a special thanks. It meant a lot to us.

There was a vast effort put into the preperation for this championship by a group of anglers that I can only describe as amazing.

Nothing was left to chance. All theories were tested and retested, All information was shared at daily meetings and conclusions met.

We won this event by one of the biggest margins in its history and this does not show the whole story. Due to the fantastic areas we were fishing there were quiet alot of what we called "bonus" fish around. These fish were the likes of eagle ray, blue ray and smoothhound, these fish could run to 70/80lb weight. These fish could not really be targeted, it was just a case of hoping that one turned up.

The Irish team only had one of these fish for the whole week, some teams had as much as five or six per day. This meant that we had to win by sheer numbers of fish. using our own system of sheer length we probably would have won three of the days. This makes victory all the sweeter. :D

I hope the success of this team will lead to more success in the future for Irelands anglers. It just show what we can do when we get the right bunch together. It proves that the Fish Off system that we are running is starting to work. There are still alot of work to be done but I am sure with all the anglers and the IFSA singing from the same sheet that we can establish Irish anglers as the dominant force in world angling. We have the anglers and the system is getting there, heres to much success for the future. Lets hope the sports council will recognise this achievement and help future teams with some sponsorship.

I would like to finish with a special thanks to Tom Lilas our manager and chaiman of the IFSA for his leadership, our team - John,Derek,Tim,Mark and Brendan for being immence and to Kevin for helping out at all points throughout our trip.

Its a fantastic feeling knowing Ireland are Champions of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

JP

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:30 pm

well said jp,i dont think i can say it any better,thanks to everybody who supported us and believed in us,and of course to every member of our team who all put in 110%.
lets hope we can continue this success in the future whoever the team may be.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:58 pm

Well done, its nice to see a positive story and Ireland in the same sentence, perfect timing.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:59 am

well done to the Irish World Championship team, and what a great win for them, and what a great year for irish angling, lets hope the sport council of ireland and the angling council of ireland, follow this success and put some money into the IFSA, so that talented anglers ,like our WORLD CHAMPIONS, do not have to fund raise and use their own money to travel to these events. This team has proved, Ireland has top class anglers, the best in the world, and their success was due to the hard work and practice session they got in before hand and the skill of the team to adapt and use traces that worked. So let us all get behind this team and try and make sure that the money WILL be there to fully fund future teams going away, so that this success will continue.
Again great work lads, you all have lifted the spirits of all Irish anglers, and may this be only the start of your success, and that you get the backing you need and so deserve after such a great result.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:39 am

Well done to all involved in bringing home the gold for ireland and well said jp in
your post
brings a tear to my eye
so proud its just great :D

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:43 pm

well done to all involved :D

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:26 am

Very well done boys