Irish Open Shore League

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:12 am

A new league that is starting in the new year. if anyone has any questions on the make up or how the league is run please feel free to post here and we'l answer as well as we can..

enteries are being taken from now on
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Irish Open Shore League

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 am

Best of luck with the new initiative lads :) Hope it is well supported.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 am

can juniors fish it?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:49 am

best of luck with it lads but i'll have to question the league title?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:44 pm

i wouldn't be too worried about the title good venues excellent fishing should be a cracker of an event

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:05 pm

best of luck with the league lads i think angling in ireland needs something like this hope there is alot of interest and anglers get on the beach to support it

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Thanks Lads.

Yes juniors can fish it.

As Regards the title, while for this year the venues are based in munster and one in south leinster, if successful and interest is high enough our aim is to broaden the league so that competitions are hosted in the 4 provinces.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Great idea neil hope to get to them myself

Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Deadly :) Cracking venue's too will be at these for sure :wink:

Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Great idea and there's a wealth of knowledge in the clubs running it ensuring great organisation too.
It should be a huge success I'll be fishing for certain.

Weldone on getting this going.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Does all undersize 5pts mean that all fish caught under 18cm will be awarded 5 points towards the competition result? and if this is so will it not encourage people to fish for very small undersize fish with the very high risk of them not surviving.
Surly anything undersize should have no reward

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:21 pm

as i said already, best of luck with the league it's a good idea but is it only me or can anybody else see that ye have a problem with that title???

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:11 pm

hey launcealot

i take your point and understand where youre coming from but from experience the opposite is actually true. if you deliberatley target and catch undersize fish the reward is usually of little benifet because the guys with decent size fish will hammer you therefore most fellas will try to avoid catching too many undersize. it would take 5 undersize to beat the smallest single sizeable fish. on the other hand if theres no 'big' fish in your area at least getting some undersize on the scorecard saves you coming off a beach with a blank

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:35 pm

hmmmm i still cant see any problem with the title :D ...obviously that was an intentional error, just to make sure people were awake!!

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:41 pm

well spotted neil, and again best of luck with it, we're into the 2nd year of our shore league over here in the west and it has proved very popular with all anglers. when ye are ready to expand the league into connaught give me a shout.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:33 pm

best of luck with it, We have also set up a summer league here in Northern Ireland as well, it will start after this one has finished. dates and details will follow soon.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:50 pm

looking forward to this one super venues these comps should be cracking looking forward to meeting you all on the beaches in the comming months :lol:

Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:45 pm

This looks like a cracking competition! Best of luck with it hopefully I'll be able to make a few of them!! The slob bank in January sounds like a brilliant idea.... cold but brilliant!

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:12 pm

zziplex wrote:looking forward to this one super venues these comps should be cracking looking forward to meeting you all on the beaches in the comming months :lol:

I think they should put the wexford venue in the katts strand just for you :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:28 pm

once bitten twice shy :wink: but im a sucker for punishment 8)