Re: Christmas open boat Competition

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Dave Jolly wrote:Well Mohawk if you were any closer we would have had to put out fenders...lol.

Nonsense we could easily have fitted another boat in there :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Hats off to Dave Jolly and Pio Enright, on a well run and a great fun days fishing..Looking forward to the next one for sure... regards Roy...

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Congratulations to all involved in the running of this comp. A fantastic turnout and great fun, great prizes and great craic.
Did I hear a rumor that ye were looking at running something similar up the East Coast in early summer? Count me in if that is the case particularly if it coincides with Tope / Smoothie runs.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:21 pm

If there was interest in guys fishing another competition like this on the east coast coinciding with the run of tope and smoothound I for one would be very interested.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:07 pm

hi dave ,
any results from the comp, species amount etc
regards screeming

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Sorry for late report guys, I was trying to get the result sheet, but it appears to have been mislaid at 5am somewhere in the Bellavista
We had 2" of rain in Cork Harbour the day before which affected the fishing as well as a good 20kts southerly for a dropping tide all day....
We had 60 anglers who turned up including a couple of ladies and 3 juveniles, fishing from 5 charter boats and a couple of private boats.
there was almost 500 fish to size caught of 9 different species.

Overall senior was Danny Lynch
Overall Lady was Sandra O'Shea
Overall Juvenile was Luke Hegarty

The Longest fish prizes went to the following fish

conger 130cm
dogfish 71cm
cod 59cm
dab 32cm
whiting 41 cm
coalfish 31cm
flounder 23cm
poorcod 21cm

Most species Ken Hegarty 5 species

I would like to thank everyone who managed to make it down, and had a great day out.
I would also Like to thank all sponsors who helped us in many ways, including Kevin Murphy of the Bellavista Hotel, Pat O' Shea of the Commodore Hotel, Danny Lynch of Halfway Tackle, John Dennehy B+D Windows, Power Providers Group, Ballina angling Angling Center, Terry Boyle, Kit Dunne, Martin Kennedy of Shamrock Tackle, Tradewinds Restaurant, Donie Geary of the john Boy, Johnny Geary of the Lee Star, Jim Linehan of the Deora De, Alan Kennedy of the Lagosta, Pat Condon of the Osprey, Gerry Keohane of the Naomh Carta, and to the private boat owners who gave their boats free of charge, Ken Hegearty and Cormac Gannon.