Re: EFSA Competitions 2009

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:02 pm

There are several forum members fishing this comp so any one of them could have sujested this venue. Some of them have fished this venue recently and know how its fishing. These Waterford lads seem to forget that they fish some of their comps in Wexford, Rosslare Strand and The Safe, and no one sems to care. What goes around comes around.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:40 pm

I am not a member of EFSA nor am i fishing the winter beach competition, i think diofish and basspoint should apoligse to EFSA for the comments they have made about better anglers and their rights to fish cheekpoint. :shock: It,s a sh*t hole anyway and not a good match venue,lucky anglers do well here as past results will show. :wink: East coast venues are far better but they are unfortunate with the weather this year.
Oh! by the way good anglers are in touch with what s going on country wide and are not blinkered. :lol:

Dear Special Ones and Very Important People

Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:37 pm

Dear Special Ones and Very Important People...
If parking on narrow roadways and not leaving space for fire brigade or ambulance to get to houses along the road is what makes you one of the above, I am glad I am just an ordinary mortal.
If parking in a recently widowed ladies flower garden, cursing , swearing and pushing her out of the way, and threatening her 79 year old father is what makes you one of the above, I am glad I am just an ordinary mortal.
Probably the reason you are now complaining about the venue, is because a waterford angler
thrashed you at the venue. Oh.sorry.. I forgot When a Waterford angler wins , its just good luck.
????????????????????????????????
Last edited by BASS POINT on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 pm

paul mason wrote:I am not a member of EFSA nor am i fishing the winter beach competition, i think dogfish and basspoint should apoligse to EFSA for the comments they have made about better anglers and their rights to fish cheekpoint. :shock: It,s a sh*t hole anyway and not a good match venue,lucky anglers do well here as past results will show. :wink: East coast venues are far better but they are unfortunate with the weather this year.
Oh! by the way good anglers are in touch with what s going on country wide and are not blinkered. :lol:

Paul i am sorry that you feel that way my name for the record is David Noonan who you met at the Interpro youths 2 weeks ago,let me point out to you once again i had no proplem with ANYONE fishing cheekpoint What the proplem is that there is a Young mother recently widowed who could not get out and who was subjective to VERBAL abuse in front of her Kids and when her Father a man 79yrs old and suffers from polio uses crutchs to get about was also threatened Verbally by a English "Angler" that is my complaint and if that is how a member of EFSA behave well, if reflefs back on the decent anglers who fish with them.
Now i said my peice and thats the end of it as far as I concern and you may call me David or Mr Noonan so be it.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:40 pm

Lads keep it civil.

Re: Discussion re EFSA winter festival and munster shore clash

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:55 pm

No pros jd :D

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:31 pm

lads its not a thing of south, east or west or north coast clubs we should all be working together for our fishing.my club was holding the competition today in cheekpoint and we do fish competitions in wxford i also fish many venues around the whole country and and have got great local info off people on this site ,like wise i gave plenty of info to people visiting my local venues.the main issue here was one of comman curtesy,fixture list are done up and published so we dont clash with each other and we can work around each other ,we are all ment to be anglers and friends at the end of the day.
the fishing was effected big time by the competition a few hours before and fishing was very poor for this venue witch can be a great fishing venue,but we did fish and had a few fish and wetting,fair play to all that braved it out today.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:00 am

hi barry
good to see a few fish caught,every angler is responsable for there actions,
if there was dispute with some english anglers and locals its not right for (sharky)
to start posting about east coast clubs that he knows notting about
calling them (hobos)
i fish with a few good decent anglers from waterford and a lot of the E C C support opens
and outtings in waterford if we were short minded as is some that has posted here on this discussion (if we were to come back it would to soon)
we will be back and hope to wet a line ,
hope to meet up for few fish barry,david cant say the same about you sharky
ps how many fish won today

Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:21 am

Can I as a totally independent in this dispute maybe give an opion on this.

I’m and Ulster IFSA member

From what I see has happened there has been a reaction to a set of circumstances that where slightly knee jerk. I.E. The EFSA where faced with the situation of having there most prestigious fishing festival ruined by bad weather, and wither from good judgment or bad made a decision to fish a venue that was 1. Not suitable to a large crowd of anglers who are not aware of the particulars’ of this venue. 2. That an important Munster completion was due the next day.

This I believe comes down to a mistake in management under pressure, but not catastrophic failure in management. It's OK to make a mistake.

What I would like to see happen is.

1. If any abuse happed to any persons by an angler of any club or association be fully investigated and if any persons found to have been involved in abuse should be reported to the Garda and banned form all organizations( including reporting to NFSA)

2. An apology of mistake should be made by EFSA to IFSA I’m sure it was not there intention to fish the same beach( which I believe would not make any difference). This is just manners; they want to have a successful comp and so does IFSA. Fishermen want to catch fish.

3. That a member (EFSA) goes to the venue and makes sure that no damage to property has occurred and if it has,get it all repaired. And at the very least give the lady involved a token of all our disappointment that she should suffer at our hands.

And I mean our hands.

I’m an Angler.

Marc

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:26 am

I have read with interest the posts on this topic. I am the brother in law of the lady who lives in the house on Cheekpoint strand. I visited her on Saturday, and to say she was distressed over the events that occured on Friday is to put it mildly. Her drive way is not a public thoroughfare, it is private, as private as anybody elses driveway.

When your competition was finished, anglers walked through her front yard and completely ignored her requests to use the public lane to the side of the house. One angler who described himself as "English , here on holidays" told her to f**k off. It appears that the majority of anglers, not just a few, simply ignored her, some even drove their cars into her front yard and loaded up their tackle. Her father was also abused and some of this abuse went on in front of her children.

Over the years this lady has accomodated anglers when they have asked for permission to use her yard. This will no longer be the case. From here on out, anglers are not welcome and any angler who decides to trespass will be dealt with accordingly.

I understand the event was moved to Cheekpoint because of the cancellation of another event and I have read the posts blaming the organisers and the lack of parking facilites. As far as I am concerned this is irrelevant. It is the gross ignorance shown by some of the competitors that is the issue, to assume you can ride roughshod over someone vunerable, and that your fishing competition is so important to you that you can totally disregard the rights of another person is what I find infuriating.

On behalf of my sister in law, take notice that you have been advised you are no longer welcome.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:12 am

Well said scaler, i am very upset that My cousin and uncle were treated that way and to have some people on this site blantlnly thinking that they have the moral high ground on where they can go without concern to the locals involved and the organisors i believe have to apoligise both puplicly and in person to Jackie and Andy.
As an angler of the local clubs here in Waterford sincerly apoligise for any upset that Jackie and Andy suffered and would like to thank Jackie for support of the local clubs over the years.
David Noonan

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:24 am

Now that tempers have calmed down a little I hope that I had good friends in angling all over Ireland and I hope I still have good friends in angling all over Ireland.
But for one group of anglers to behave to other angling groups and to local people in this way is not on.
thanks
A NATION ONCE AGAIN

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:05 pm

our disappointment that she should suffer at our hands.

And I mean our hands.

Well said scara I have followed this thread with horror and you have just given me a glimmer of hope that someone at least understands how it should be handled.
I do very little shore fishing any more it is mainly boat angling, have never fished this beach and am unlikely to in the future but I still feel that nobody should be treated this way on their own property. As an angler I apologise for the behaviour of a bad few. :oops:
I hope EFSA and IFSA take note.

Yappo

Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:22 pm

I think a bunch of flowers for this woman and may-be a bottle of something for her father with an apology card wouldn't go astray from the organisers of this competition!

IMO even though the organisers made mistakes it is not entirely their fault these anglers are not children and each individual is responsible (or not in this case) for his / her own behaviour! The lesson I hope they all learned from this is in future go to venues giving yourself enough time to park up your car responsibly!

Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Rinnashark sac Rep. have visited the lady and that is all I will say this was a private visit on behalf of this Waterford club.
We will also write up a report which we hope to make available to IFSA.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:21 pm

I woz in cheekpiont last saturday and saw an angler walk through the same property
that all the commotion was abouton friday this person was fishing the munster open and on saturday.This is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black by members of rinnashark sac. So let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Barry the Bogey wrote:I woz in cheekpiont last saturday and saw an angler walk through the same property
that all the commotion was abouton friday this person was fishing the munster open and on saturday.This is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black by members of rinnashark sac. So let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

From a post above by David Noonan aka Dogfish
"Well said scaler, i am very upset that My cousin and uncle were treated that way and to have some people on this site blantlnly thinking that they have the moral high ground on where they can go without concern to the locals involved and the organisors i believe have to apoligise both puplicly and in person to Jackie and Andy.
As an angler of the local clubs here in Waterford sincerly apoligise for any upset that Jackie and Andy suffered and would like to thank Jackie for support of the local clubs over the years.
David Noonan"

David is family and was down there on the instructions of the Rinnashark club to make sure nobody else would pass through the property.
Hope this clears up the issue.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Glad you pointed that out Donal , Why do people not understand the thread when they read it, that is if they read the whole lot at all, and stop making rubbish one off comments.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Donal dont take the sight from my eyes I saw an angler cross this property on saturday.I also have since found out his name.What I am saying is Rinnashark sac did all the mouthing about EFSA last week and did the same thing the following day.DOUBLE STANDARDS would you not say from Rinnashark sac and IFSA. :evil: :evil: :evil:
WE ARE ALL GODS CHILDREN and should learn to live and let live. And apoligise to EFSA because it was not only EFSA members that trespassed on friday but IFSA member trespassed on saturday FACT NOT FICTION.As the prayer said FORGIVE THOSE THAT TRESPASS AGAINST US.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:22 pm

I wasn't there.
I haven't fished Cheekpoint ever, so i dont know where you park or if it is any good as a match venue. But from reading this whole thread, i think a couple of things are fairly obvious. Firstly its not about North/South, East/West or Irish/English, secondly the thing that has people mostly upset is the fact that the family living down at Cheekpoint not only had their [b]private[b] property walked over but also had access to their property blocked - seeing as the people living there include children, a widow and an older man with polio this was not a particularly nice thing to do. I guarantee that if any member of your family had access to their property blocked YOU would not be too happy. If a member of Rinnashark or someone fishing the leg of the Munster closed did go onto the persons property then
Rinnashark sac Rep. have visited the lady and that is all I will say this was a private visit on behalf of this Waterford club.
would probably have covered that.
I would like to know whether the EFSA has apologized to the family concerned, I don't think any of them would like their family treated this way.
On the matter of the EFSA changing the venue to Cheekpoint the day before the Munsters - I dont think the IFSA could have done anything about this - not within their jurisdiction, but it was avoidable and if an IFSA comp does clash with any EFSA comp they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.