Discussion re EFSA winter festival and munster shore clash

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:48 pm

EFSA clash with the Munster Closed Shore

EFSA because of the weather on the east coast are fishing cheekpoint strand Waterford the night before the Munster Closed Shore .
Rinnashark have check in at 11:00am sat and EFSA are fishing to 8:00pm on the same beach the night before lots of beaches that could be fished and not clash with this competition.
Can any thing be done so this never happens again.
this is a very small area and very small road way very little parking space are the local people living here going to like this i think not.
HELP

Re: EFSA Competitions 2009

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Not liking the idea of fishing a venue full of toothache ridden fish either..... :(

Re: EFSA clash with the Munster Closed Shore

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:59 pm

BASS POINT wrote:EFSA clash with the Munster Closed Shore

EFSA because of the weather on the east coast are fishing cheekpoint strand Waterford the night before the Munster Closed Shore .
Rinnashark have check in at 11:00am sat and EFSA are fishing to 8:00pm on the same beach the night before lots of beaches that could be fished and not clash with this competition.
Can any thing be done so this never happens again.
this is a very small area and very small road way very little parking space are the local people living here going to like this i think not.
HELP

I'd guess you should probably call Warren Doyle and give him your views. The "near" clash of EFSA with the fist leg of the Leinster League is unfortunate too. The first leg was not scheduled in January so it wouldn't clash with the expected dates of the EFSA Winter Festival.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 pm

id would like to know who or how they got from fishing east coast to cheekpoint?????????????muster closed sat and leinster league sun would not make a diff if it was on dif beaches but to decide a few days before to fish the same beach bad form :twisted: :evil: .as bass point was saying parking is virtually nil we park in peoples gardens for competitions with permission and went to big trouble for months planning parking for munster closed,dont know how they will arragne parking.if they piss people off down there it will mess up fishing for everyone else holding competitions down there.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:13 pm

barry murphy wrote:??muster closed sat and leinster league sun would not make a diff ere.

Was talking about EFSA Winter Fest and Leinster League being so close when a lot of Leinster anglers would want to fish both.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Have just been to cheek point strand noted and non Irish reg car parked in the back garden of a house where a lady lives alone with her very young family.
A note was on the rear window telling him he should not be parked there he can go back home we are the one's who have to go and try to patch things up so we will be allowed to fish here.
Had idea some thing like this would happen.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:16 pm

That is just typical of people who visit for one day, 22 cars were packed into the car park of a guesthouse today, even if they did get permission to park there. We have for years been using this car park with the permission of the owner, and strictly limit the amount of cars to about 12-15 on any day. The biggest danger here was that in the lane leading to the house Bass Point mentioned, where there are about 6 other houses there were cars parked ON THE LANE. Now if there had been an emergency today an Ambulance or Fire Brigade would not have been able to gain access to any of the houses. This is indiscriminate and thoughtless of the individuals who arranged this venue and I feel that it is going to rebound on all of the local clubs who fish responsibly in this area. What amazes me most is how did they manage to find Cheekpoint and know that it would be possibly one of the few fishable venues in Munster in weather like this.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:15 pm

yeah jd was talking about that myself must of came across wrong,ment it was so close to the two competitions what dates are out since last year we had club members fishing the efsa one too.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Thanks to SAI for letting Rinnashark sac Members high light the problems caused by EFSA today.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:53 pm

I think EFSA should apoligise for what happen today they were out of order fishing a venue that is been used for (1) Major IFSA competition the following day (2) blocking acesse and igress for local residents as well as for god forbid emergency services if it was needed and last but not lest parking in a private residents drive way and walking across the property of said resident,We the local anglers had a good relations with the residents of cheekpoint and i fear now this may be tarnished.
EFSA cannot use the excuse of they did not know that a Competition is to be held at this venue because it is on line next to their tread on this site and also they were informed by a local angler who was fishing in their competition.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:12 pm

yis pack of aul wans. its only one comp in a year, and it was changed at the last minute because of the weather.it seems to me it,s a case of this is our venue, and nobody else is welcome. nice mesage yis are sending lads...

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 pm

We have no proplem with any one fishing cheekpoint we have a proplem that the Munster Closed shore is to be fished on Saturday and so they should have respected that competition and also that they arrive on with out taking into consideration to the residents who live ther and BLOCK up the only road where a lady with young childern live and PARKED on her Property which is PRIVATE and WALK through her GARDEN.
Respect Respect Respect :evil: :evil: :evil:
I am sure you would not like to have your road block and your garden walk through.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:31 pm

Heh Ronnie, I think you are missing the point here completely, there was no reason for this competition to take place in Cheekpoint today, there were alternate venues in the same area that could have been used at a push. This is a public area like all beaches in the country, and local clubs have no rights over it no more than the club had today but for a bunch of hobos to come and ride rough shod over the area and the residents, leaves a very sour taste. It may not be the policy of East Coast clubs to try to Co Operate with other people as was shown today, but down here we try to facilitate everyone especially the locals whose neighbourhoods we are parking in and crossing over. Not sure if you are one of them but no one of you gave a flying F**k about anyone only youselves today, and you are away out of the area leaving the S**T you caused to the clubs and anglers here. It will be too soon when we hear you are returning.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:37 pm

dogfish wrote:We have no proplem with any one fishing cheekpoint we have a proplem that the Munster Closed shore is to be fished on Saturday and so they should have respected that competition and also that they arrive on with out taking into consideration to the residents who live ther and BLOCK up the only road where a lady with young childern live and PARKED on her Property which is PRIVATE and WALK through her GARDEN.
Respect Respect Respect :evil: :evil: :evil:
I am sure you would not like to have your road block and your garden walk through.

Ronnie I see you give no Location in your profile what is your problem Im from Waterford and not afraid to say so

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:11 am

it should make no diffrence that it was so close to the munster closed shore. fish move with the tide, i would be more worried about the amount of fresh water pouring into the estury. the parking could have been sorted out if the local anglers took charge and said this is the way we have to park when fishing. good luck if you are fishing tomorrow, hope it goes well. im from dublin i havent a clue what about computers and not afraid to say so.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:44 am

Ronnie you are more than welcome to fish any venue in the DEISE, likewise when i fish the east coast, just irate that, not you or the anglers, but EFSA show little or no concern to IFSA comp and moreover the local residents.
Peace :wink: :wink:

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:08 am

On a different note

Congrats to Abbeyside angler Alan Mulcahy who won the competion today against amoung others a handfull of world champions

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:57 am

hi dogfish i was,nt fishing today. but i know alot of anglers who were, and the way they were potrayed on this forum was nothing short of a disgrace. eg. [hobos] [if you never come back again it will be to soon] i still think it does not matter whos running a comp it is up to local anglers who are fishing the comp to speak up and take charge of issiues ,parking in resident areas, making sure anglers take home litter,and giving advice on were to fish when weather is bad. these are east coast policies, and it is why you dont see us bitching about issiues like this on the net. this is not aimed at you dogfish. it,s aimed at other users on this forum who think local knowlage is what bait to use and what tide to fish. IT,S MORE THAN THAT LADS ITS ABOUT LOCAL ANGLERS MAKING SURE ANGLERS FROM FURTHER AFIELD KNOW WHATS WHAT.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:58 am

(sharky) This is a public area like all beaches in the country, and local clubs have no rights over it no more than the club had today but for a bunch of hobos to come and ride rough shod over the area and the residents, leaves a very sour taste. It may not be the policy of East Coast clubs to try to Co Operate with other people as was shown today, but down here we try to facilitate everyone especially the locals whose neighbourhoods we are parking in and crossing over. Not sure if you are one of them but no one of you gave a flying F**k about anyone only youselves today, and you are away out of the area leaving the S**T you caused to the clubs and anglers here. It will be too soon when we hear you are returning.[/quote]
fished cheekpoint and well done to alan,sharky less of the quote hobos,
got a call to say venue was changed so went and fished, parked in the car park of the b and b,imo owner would have put every out if they had not been asked,regards returning to waterford to fish would be too soon you are saying you dont want any support from any east coast clubs regarding opens and fund raisers.i agree that 1 car parked in some ones garden was out of order.it looks like sharky you only fish in waterford and imo you should stay there making a rank about east coast HOBOS

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:37 am

sharky wrote: but for a bunch of hobos to come and ride rough shod over the area and the residents,
leaves a very sour taste. It may not be the policy of East Coast clubs to try to Co Operate with other people as was shown today, but down here we try to facilitate everyone especially the locals whose neighbourhoods we are parking in and crossing over. Not sure if you are one of them but no one of you gave a flying F**k about anyone only youselves today, and you are away out of the area leaving the S**T you caused to the clubs and anglers here. It will be too soon when we hear you are returning.

Just to put some clarity on the subject for you, EFSA is a European association, EFSA Ireland is National, so get your facts right before you start slating east coast clubs or policies.

the winter festival is possibly one of the biggest shore events in the country next the diawa pairs attracting many high profile International anglers, which does highlight fishing in ireland and promote more visitors to come to share the spoils, im my opinion the committee had to make a decision to protect the success of this event by choosing a fishable venue.

It was unfortunate the way the parking issue was managed and it is important to keep on good terms with residents & again it is unfortunate they way venue was fished the night before the munster closed, i know the organizers would have put a lot of work in and probably felt like eating there hats, but fish will still feed and the cream will still come to the top

sharky wrote: What amazes me most is how did they manage to find Cheekpoint and know that it would be possibly one of the few fishable venues in Munster in weather like this.

but with some people coming on here and having a right good bitching session, purely to protect there own interests, would they ever grow up!!!!!

I AM SPEAKING MY PERSONNEL OPINION